cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix 2080 Ti OC - GPU Tweak II - OC mode screen flashing

Chymerix
Level 7
Hi,

I recently purchased this card and have it set to OC mode in the "simple" interface of GPU Tweak II, which boosts the GPU clock to around 1950 MHz by default. At these settings, the screen occasionally flickers/blacks out in games (Battlefield V and Metro Exodus). I thought it was my cabling, but after trying multiple different cables and seeing no difference, I tried switching to "Gaming" mode in GPU Tweak. This seems to have corrected the issues.

Is it expected for the simple OC mode to result in an unstable overclock by default? I've since started following the overclocking instructions here and seem to have reached 2085 MHz stable so far.

I'm wondering if I have an issue with my card or if GPU Tweak II creates a sub-optimal OC by default.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
interesting. let me try that. i did experince these. Normaly i press oc and there adjust the fans 100% at 60C and let it be and moving the power limit to max.

Maybe. I did test these same app on the 1080tiOC and is how i preset my gpu since 980ti /1080/1080ti.

I will test your and see what is up. Seleccion GAME and retest. Each test with at least 4 h gaming

The odd part.... i run the 3 test on furtmark and did not have any issues. (there is 1 that run all 3 test at the same time) and did not fail.

But on game did. Since i do not have the 2 games that you mention, I will use the one i have. today i will get a code for Metro and Rise TR so i can test these.

I do not think, as far, is a gpu issue but i can be wrong. TYhe guy told me and send videos that i can replicate with the issue. and is ... random. i play for 3 h , then another 4 and no issues. running the same scenarios.

I will get on it. since depending of what i find the RMA will be made.
Learn, Play Enjoy!