cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of Nahimic with Realtek Audio Driver?

D3SOL4TE
Level 8
Apologies if this is a stupid question but does anyone know why Nahimic is apart of the Maximus X's Realtek Audio Driver and more importantly what purpose is serves?

Is it just used for "Sonic Suite 3"?

The reason for my asking is the original F.E.A.R. crashes immediately on launch with the "Nahimic service" running and I don't use Sonic Radar or Sonic Studio anyway.

11 REPLIES 11

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
D3SOL4TE wrote:
Apologies if this is a stupid question but does anyone know why Nahimic is apart of the Maximus X's Realtek Audio Driver and more importantly what purpose is serves?

Is it just used for "Sonic Suite 3"?

The reason for my asking is the original F.E.A.R. crashes immediately on launch with the "Nahimic service" running and I don't use Sonic Radar or Sonic Studio anyway.

I'd clean install it based on the instructions in the thread and install the UAD ff03 standalone drivers. Does that fix.?

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
I'd clean install it based on the instructions in the thread and install the UAD ff03 standalone drivers. Does that fix.?

Do you mean the "HDA FF03" in this thread?

I tried the UAD Standalone version in this thread but audio on my pc stopped working altogether.

So I'm currently using the HDA Standalone version in this thread which appears to be working, I don't know why the UAD version won't I followed the instructions?

D3SOL4TE wrote:
Do you mean the "HDA FF03" in this thread?

I tried the UAD Standalone version in this thread but audio on my pc stopped working altogether.

So I'm currently using the HDA Standalone version in this thread which appears to be working, I don't know why the UAD version won't I followed the instructions?

I used standalone once, but realized I *must* check "disable all sound effects" to hear sound. Did you? I need the equalizer though, which that then disables. So I went back to using nahimic.

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
I used standalone once, but realized I *must* check "disable all sound effects" to hear sound. Did you? I need the equipment though, which that then disables. So I went back to using nahimic.

Hi,

@ROGers who use the Standalone installation type of UAD drivers : Since 6.0.1.8666 drivers, it is no longer necessary to check the box "Disable all sound effects" in your "Playback Devices" in Realtek Audio Console.

Saltgrass
Level 13
Looks like no one knows what it is actually for. Since it isn't a driver listed for my sound, I have to assume it is related to the Sonic stuff which I don't have on my system.

I do have on VR game where the sound can be bad related to effects. I might stop that service and see if it makes a difference.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
Looks like no one knows what it is actually for. Since it isn't a driver listed for my sound, I have to assume it is related to the Sonic stuff which I don't have on my system.

I do have on VR game where the sound can be bad related to effects. I might stop that service and see if it makes a difference.

Nahimic is just the sound enhancement they used on these boards. It's needed to enable Sonic studio and sonice radar fully. But it's also known to cause issues like slow application launches

Hi,

Saltgrass wrote:

NahimicService.exe (which is one of the elements of the UAD/DCH Sonic Studio III integration drivers files) can generate bugs/conflicts with software/games/other drivers (Example : Chrome startup hanging a few seconds) which are sometimes very complex to detect and that A-Volute (Nahimic/Sonic Studio creator) are rather long to fix.

You have mainly 2 choices :

- Stay on the UAD/DCH drivers model but install a Standalone version (without the SS3 integration drivers files, which includes NahimicService.exe, so without using the Sonic Studio III Suite) :

Use the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial of Standalone install type : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

OR

- Switch on the HDA/Standard drivers model while having the possibility of using the Sonic Studio III Suite without issue but the Sonic Studio III Suite applications are no longer updated :

Use the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial of Sonic Studio III + Sonic Radar III install type : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA)

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
I used standalone once, but realized I *must* check "disable all sound effects" to hear sound. Did you? I need the equalizer though, which that then disables. So I went back to using nahimic.

@ROGers who use the Standalone installation type : Since 6.0.1.8666 drivers, it is no longer necessary to check the box "Disable all sound effects" in your "Playback Devices" in Realtek Audio Console.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea why the UAD Standalone version found here results in audio not working including YouTube playback ID errors for example.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I installed a new Audio driver today on my Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi) and it reinstalled the Sonic stuff and the sound seems to be much better than I had been having. The version number of the newest driver is 6.0.1.8468.

I still have the Nahimic service but it shows "stopped".
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200