cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Center exits upon running. (GL503GE-EN270T)

w3bd3m0n
Level 7
Hi all,
This issue has crop up again.The previous workaround i used was uninstalling and reinstalling the Gaming Center Software ,but that didn't seem to help.Any inputs?
2 REPLIES 2

tap002
Level 9
Stop or disable the service: ROGGamingCenterService
This will allow you to launch Gaming Center without crashing. It will not read temps with out service running. After opening gaming center start the service it should work normally.
By deafult the "startup type" for ROGGamingCenterService is automatic. Set it to manual and when you start gaming center it doesn't close and the service should start. P.S. I run as standard user; the service will not start when set on manual for a standard user. I have to go to services and start the service if I want temp readings in my gaming center.
Clearly this is just a work around, don't know what is actually broken. I assume it is a NVIDIA driver, one of windows updates or combination. I see this complaint only occasionally so I don't think it is happening to a large number of people?

jocok
Level 7
Hi , not the version of the graphic card is bugged. (or the thermal paste or your laptop)
The problem is the newest nVidia Graphic Card driver! Make sure you're set your nVidia Card to default.
Step 1; nVidai control panel - Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar.
Step 2; Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.
Step 3; Now select the 'preferred graphics processor' in the drop down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting). If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor. - This is the Important to select Dedicated nVidia Graphic card to your setting!