cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH7 Q-CODE AA after updating bios Version 2103 2019/04/01

Kien18
Level 7
my qcode is always shown as 24 or 40 but after updating the latest bios then my q code change to AA .
can anyone explain to me what is code AA ? i have read the book that come with the motherboard it says CODE AA is ASL reserved and i cannot find any information for that . please help .

PC SPECS :
RYZEN 7 2700X
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WI-FI
G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 3200MHZ CL14
NZXT KRAKEN X62
MSI RTX 2080 TI LIGHTNING Z
SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 NVME SSD 1TB
FSP AURUM PT 850 WATT 80 PLUS Platinum certification power supply
6 REPLIES 6

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Kien18 🙂 and Welcome to ROG

Qcode AA means the system has transitioned to ACPI mode (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) and therefore handed over to the OS.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi Kien18 🙂 and Welcome to ROG

Qcode AA means the system has transitioned to ACPI mode (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) and therefore handed over to the OS.

thank you for the reply , does that mean it is okay ? or i should check if there is anything wrong ?

Kien18 wrote:
thank you for the reply , does that mean it is okay ? or i should check if there is anything wrong ?

During POST (Power on self test) your system is interrogated.

POST begins by checking the BIOS chip and then tests CMOS RAM. If the POST does not detect a battery failure, it then continues to initialize the CPU, checking your hardware devices such as the video card, secondary storage devices, such as hard drives, ports and other hardware devices, such as the keyboard and mouse, to ensure they are functioning properly.

Once POST has determined that all components are functioning properly and the CPU has successfully initialized, BIOS looks for an operating system to load. Once the OS is found and all is OK then Windows is loaded and Qcode AA is displayed. This ofc is different than any sleep state that Arne mentioned. Qcode AA is what appears from a cold boot and a sleep state is user initiated.

Sometimes the system will boot into the OS however there may be instabilities due to driver errors, cooling problems or PSU voltage deficiencies.
To determine any issues of this kind, it's best to conduct a stress test at default settings.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, AA has been used on many boards as the "up and running" code...if everything is OK performance-wise then I wouldn't worry...

40 is wake from S4 sleep

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yeah, AA has been used on many boards as the "up and running" code...if everything is OK performance-wise then I wouldn't worry...

40 is wake from S4 sleep

hello thank you for your reply , so far i am not sure if there is any performance issue maybe its fine need to test it out more to find it out .
just simply asking but what is S4 sleep ?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40