cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II changes to default settings after Windows 10 Updates

komosama
Level 7
I am running v1.9.6.1. Every time WIndows 10 updates with a cumulative update, the settings on GPU Tweak II completely switch back to default (custom user profiles are gone, all settings and customization I did are back to default).

Anyone else having similar issues? Very frustrated with this software at this point.

I wish I could switch back to afterburner, but I primarily use GPU Tweak II to control my external fan that is plugged into my GPU (Afterburner does not do this).
3 REPLIES 3

AndyVee
Level 7
komosama wrote:
I am running v1.9.6.1. Every time WIndows 10 updates with a cumulative update, the settings on GPU Tweak II completely switch back to default (custom user profiles are gone, all settings and customization I did are back to default).

Anyone else having similar issues? Very frustrated with this software at this point.

I wish I could switch back to afterburner, but I primarily use GPU Tweak II to control my external fan that is plugged into my GPU (Afterburner does not do this).

Not seen this issue at all , just done this months updates and all is normal ( well as normal as gputweak is ! )

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I also not seeing that. I just make the update and the 1.9.6.1 is running as before with the same configuration that was apply before and after.

If you run BOTH apps you will have issues. use one, or the other.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Yea I am only running Tweak (Afterburner is uninstalled).

Not sure why this is happening to me. Been happening for a while now. Does anyone know where to settings and the profiles for GPU Tweak are stored so that I can make a backup?