cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Rampage Extreme VI Omega onboard lights

Donzi
Level 7
How would one turn off the rgb lights and lcd on the ASUS Rampage Extreme VI Omega motherboard when the computer has been powered off with out turning off the power supply or plunging the pc?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
7 REPLIES 7

1mluer
Level 11
Look in the aura sync software.. look for the sync at shutdown tab and you can select off. That should do it..

InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

Hi 1mluer,

That worked for turning off the rgb board lights. Would you know of a way to turn off the motherboard LCD badge?
Thank you!

Donzi wrote:
Hi 1mluer,

That worked for turning off the rgb board lights. Would you know of a way to turn off the motherboard LCD badge?
Thank you!

If you're referring to the OLED Display, install LiveDash from the Drivers & Utilities page.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
If you're referring to the OLED Display, install LiveDash from the Drivers & Utilities page.

hi i installed live dash and not showing my motherboard, only showing my AIO coller Ryuo 240

paru055 wrote:
hi i installed live dash and not showing my motherboard, only showing my AIO coller Ryuo 240

I would go to the site and check the utilities for your motherboard. go to the main site > Support page > enter your motherboard > go to utilities and download the very latest Live Dash listed for your motherboard. uninstall the old version of livedash, reboot and then reinstall livedash.

Let me know if that worked.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer
Level 11
You know there might be settings in bios you can do. I am doing this from memory but on my board there is an area called ROG effects. You can turn off the lights all together there but to be honest I haven't tried anything else probably because my current APEX doesn't have an LCD display. There might be selection there if you do have a display. I am going to go into bios and see if I can be more specific.. Give it a try though.

UPDATE:
It's not ROG effects.. It's under "Advanced" Tab then go down to "Onboard Device Configuration" if you have it for your board.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer
Level 11
My BIOS section is under "Advanced" tab then down to "Onboard Device Configuration". I can do a lot of things there including turning off the light and effects after shutdown too.

See if it's there ?

I think if you do both areas it has all the basis covered unless you don't have this area of bios settings 🙂
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!