cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between these audio drivers?

D3SOL4TE
Level 8
Does anyone know what the difference is between these audio drivers is aside from the large difference in file size and the strange fact that the older version was added after the newer version? :confused:

3 REPLIES 3

1mluer
Level 11
To me it looks:

Top: Full version probably UI and Configuration bloatware "SonicSuite" gives it away for me. 🙂
Bottom: Sectional Update or just the necessary Audio Driver without full SonicSuite

There must be a full UI for configuring the top download as opposed to just the necessary sound drivers below.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
To me it looks:

Top: Full version probably UI and Configuration bloatware "SonicSuite" gives it away for me. 🙂
Bottom: Sectional Update or just the necessary Audio Driver without full SonicSuite

There must be a full UI for configuring the top download as opposed to just the necessary sound drivers below.

Thanks.

xator
Level 8
The first one is the old HDA audio driver, with its old Sonic Suite panel like this:

The second one is the newer UAD audio driver, which allows you to install Sonic Studio's new UWP app from Microsoft Store, like this:

From now on, it seems like drivers are going to be released on both "legacy" mode and UAD mode. Intel and Nvidia are releasing them like this too ( they call it DCH drivers)