cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 CPU Cooler Temperature Issue

DarkShadow
Level 7
Recently I just upgraded to ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 CPU Cooler. I am using Asus ROG Maximus X Hero with Intel Core i7 8700K. After installing the cooler perfectly, the stock CPU temperature shows 40 - 42 degree C without overclocking. But as I seen some reviews online/Youtube with the same Motherboard & CPU, temperature should be 25 - 30 degree C Beside I installed 2500 RPM Fan both side of the Radiator for push & pull airflow. I did not use any other thermal paste as ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 came with pre installed thermal paste.
I am realy confused !!! Need Help from Experts.
2 REPLIES 2

ninezerofive
Level 10
In my experience it's not the thermal paste. I did the test with Ryuo 240 and Arctic MX-4 did the same as pre-applied ASUS one.

Edit : temperature alone doesn't mean anything, maybe they done tests in Norway in cold room, while you sipping margaritas on the beach trying to stress test your PC in the sun :cool:

1mluer
Level 11
DarkShadow wrote:
Recently I just upgraded to ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 CPU Cooler. I am using Asus ROG Maximus X Hero with Intel Core i7 8700K. After installing the cooler perfectly, the stock CPU temperature shows 40 - 42 degree C without overclocking. But as I seen some reviews online/Youtube with the same Motherboard & CPU, temperature should be 25 - 30 degree C Beside I installed 2500 RPM Fan both side of the Radiator for push & pull airflow. I did not use any other thermal paste as ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 came with pre installed thermal paste.
I am realy confused !!! Need Help from Experts.

2 things come to mind:

Is the cooling block flat against the CPU as in did you try to apply equal pressure on the standoffs as you tightened it down. also check your standoffs to make sure they are fully extened and flat against the motherboard. My brother didn't realize he had a standoff not seated correctly with the back plate. maximum contact with IHS on the CPU is critical to even heat displacement.

and

What version of livedash are you using. I would use the version recommended for your motherboard in the support section. Is the ambient temps average to low in your home?

All I can think of at the moment.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!