cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing my R6E (i9-7900X) with the ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme (Xeon W-3175X)

CharlieH
Level 8
I feel ASUS is disreputable and choose to replace my posts in this thread since I cannot delete them or this thread.
152 REPLIES 152

CharlieH
Level 8
I feel ASUS is disreputable and choose to replace my posts in this thread since I cannot delete them or this thread.

CharlieH wrote:
Also here is what I am thinking for my loop let me know if you have any better ideas:

Res->Pump->Rad->CPU->VRM->Rad->GPU->Rad->GPU->Res

Res > pump > CPU > VRM > Rad > Gpu > Gpu > RaD > pump -|
| <------------------------------<--------------------------------------------------------|

Hi all,

Is the InWin 928 still the only case "100% certified" for the Dominus Extreme?

I'd need one or two 5,25 bay but it seems there's none in that case.

Thanks.

Lucius Snow wrote:
Hi all,

Is the InWin 928 still the only case "100% certified" for the Dominus Extreme?

I'd need one or two 5,25 bay but it seems there's none in that case.

Thanks.

I've been struggling to find a case as well. Ended up cutting a small amount of sheetmetal from a Phanteks Primo and the system fits really nicely although I've been completely disappointed by Phanteks customer service. The Phanteks case quality is half of Silverstone (but it's half the price as well).

Charlie, I've been in contact with EK about their CPU blocks and they claim their Annihilator series CPU blocks are higher performance than their Velocity line (although the Velocity is more expensive due to RGB nonsense). I'm skeptical but EK should know better than anyone. What are your thoughts since it appears you're running the Velocity CPU block??

CharlieH
Level 8

CharlieH wrote:
Also I need ideas for a case please.

I've tried them all. Without hesitation I'd recommend the Phanteks Enthoo Elite.

Is it for benchmarking?

CharlieH wrote:
Definitely doing some benching for fun. That case rocks. My only concern is the Delta fans on the radiators might not fit.

I know it can handle a 560 in the front and a 480 on the top, but the third one has to go on the "side" and then the maximum is 360mm. This is with a dual-PSU build. Even with the EEB form factor the 560+480+360 (12cm) is doable.

http://phanteks.com/assets/manuals/PH-ES916E.pdf