cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 CPU Cooler Unusual Temperature

DarkShadow
Level 7
Recently I just upgraded to ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 CPU Cooler. I am using Asus ROG Maximus X Hero with Intel Core i7 8700K. After installing the cooler perfectly, the stock CPU temperature shows 40 - 42 degree C without overclocking. But as I seen some reviews online/Youtube with the same Motherboard & CPU, temperature should be 25 - 30 degree C Beside I installed 2500 RPM Fan both side of the Radiator for push & pull airflow. I did not use any other thermal paste as ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 came with pre installed thermal paste.
Previously I used Corsair H100i GTX 240. In stock ideal temperature was 46 - 48 degree C. Then whats the point to upgrading 240 to 360 Cooler !!
I am really confused !!! Need Help from Experts.
9 REPLIES 9

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I am reading you post. You are right. MOST reviewers have ambient temps on the 20-24C. You can not go below ambient temp. on normal ways.

If you have 40-42c with no oc, your ambient temps are between 35to37C. In my case, in idle my temps are 38C with 1000rpm fans. so should bo now on 30ish 31C.

Check, using hwinfo64 what are the temps there.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I've never used an AIO, only custom loops, but a few thoughts:

Never use stock TIM. Especially pre-applied to a new cooler you're supposed to install yourself. My only exceptions are thermal pads on appropriate components unless temps indicate they need replacement, and if 'stock' means the manufacturer gave me a separate package of paste to apply myself and I know it's a good brand. I even open new pre-built machines and re-paste CPUs and GPUs, and I always see an improvement.

A push-pull configuration on that rad is completely unnecessary overkill and unless your fans are matched and you're sure they're synced on each side of the rad, it's possible you could be causing more problems than helping. Get rid of a set of fans and see if it helps.

As already mentioned, you can't expect to necessarily reach the temps on those reviews as your own local conditions may be different. What is the ambient temperature in the room you're in? The temperatures you can reach are going to be limited by this.

S4lticid wrote:
I've never used an AIO, only custom loops, but a few thoughts:

Never use stock TIM. Especially pre-applied to a new cooler you're supposed to install yourself. My only exceptions are thermal pads on appropriate components unless temps indicate they need replacement, and if 'stock' means the manufacturer gave me a separate package of paste to apply myself and I know it's a good brand. I even open new pre-built machines and re-paste CPUs and GPUs, and I always see an improvement.

A push-pull configuration on that rad is completely unnecessary overkill and unless your fans are matched and you're sure they're synced on each side of the rad, it's possible you could be causing more problems than helping. Get rid of a set of fans and see if it helps.

As already mentioned, you can't expect to necessarily reach the temps on those reviews as your own local conditions may be different. What is the ambient temperature in the room you're in? The temperatures you can reach are going to be limited by this.

correct, but the asus aio comes with noctua thermalpaste, i can confirm that. i am saving to get one. since i all ready test a loop, basic and is the same at 3000rpm. pump speed. I think I will get another loop for my cpu soon. i want complete control bit the bios these time.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
correct, but the asus aio comes with noctua thermalpaste, i can confirm that. i am saving to get one. since i all ready test a loop, basic and is the same at 3000rpm.

Noctua, eh? It still tweaks my OCD that they would pre-apply it... but that is a good paste. 😃
I'd still change it for Kryonaut tho. OCD.

Still wouldn't run a push-pull on a 360 rad that's only cooling a single component, not even OC'd. Especially not when the fans that come with it are daisy chained to be controlled together, but the other side would have to be added by the user and synced to the others manually.

Itzycharles wrote:
I am reading you post. You are right. MOST reviewers have ambient temps on the 20-24C. You can not go below ambient temp. on normal ways.

If you have 40-42c with no oc, your ambient temps are between 35to37C. In my case, in idle my temps are 38C with 1000rpm fans. so should bo now on 30ish 31C.

Check, using hwinfo64 what are the temps there.

That does that mean !!

DarkShadow wrote:

That does that mean !!

It means that unless the room you're in is 38 degrees Celcius (100+ Fahrenheit) or hotter, your temps are too high for someone using an AIO cooler at stock volts and clocks.

You should not be running a push-pull on that rad, especially not with different fans than came with the kit.
Different RPMs and pressure, not synced to work together, no this is not good and can cause problems.

The kit came with everything it needed. Use only what came with it and you will be fine.
Take the extra fans that did not come with the kit off, and try again.

The temperature of the room you're in will change your results from the reviews you've seen, but it shouldn't by that much unless you live somewhere really hot. Do you?

For experiment I completely removed all 3 fan from one side of Rad. Remains only one side 3 fans 2500 RPM
But unfortunately same result !! I hardly notice any difference !! That means, both side of fan in Rad is not the issue so far.
Then whats the issue !! Average temp of my room may b 25 - 30 Degrees.
I should mention my setup:

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero
Intel Core i7 8700K
Asus GTX 1080 Turbo
G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 mhz
Asus ROG Ryujin 360
Asus ROG Thor 850W
WD HDD Purple 3TB + Intel Optain memory module 32GB
WD HDD Blue 1TB

mdzcpa
Level 12
DarkShadow wrote:
Recently I just upgraded to ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 CPU Cooler. I am using Asus ROG Maximus X Hero with Intel Core i7 8700K. After installing the cooler perfectly, the stock CPU temperature shows 40 - 42 degree C without overclocking. But as I seen some reviews online/Youtube with the same Motherboard & CPU, temperature should be 25 - 30 degree C Beside I installed 2500 RPM Fan both side of the Radiator for push & pull airflow. I did not use any other thermal paste as ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 came with pre installed thermal paste.
Previously I used Corsair H100i GTX 240. In stock ideal temperature was 46 - 48 degree C. Then whats the point to upgrading 240 to 360 Cooler !!
I am really confused !!! Need Help from Experts.

I wouldn't bother with the extra set of fans in push pull. Unless fans are matched it can actually hurt performance. The Noctua fans on the Ryujin are excellent as they are.

Verify your fan and pump speeds in Fan Expert. Make sure your pump is running no less than 60% at idle and ramping up from there. Some users run it at 100% full time.

The main advantage of a 360 rad versus say a 280 rad is quietness. But it should out perform a 240 rad.

In my 360 Rad, one side i used 2500 RPM Corsair LED fans, onthe other side of Rad i used Rog Ryujin's 2000 RPM Noc Fans. Corsair is pushing & ROG is pulling. That means pushing 2500 RPM & Pulling 2000 RPM. Is that OK?