cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Alpha - it lives up to the name

dejanh
Level 8
Hi there,

I just wanted to take note of the fact that ASUS has released an $800 flagship motherboard that has so far received a whopping 0 (no, I didn't make a mistake on that one, that is a zero, z-e-r-o) updates in 4 months. That is quite impressive. It likely takes actual effort to ignore a product so badly that it receives zero updates. I mean, it is either that, or the Alpha is a perfect board...okay, that was funny 😉

True show of support for the highest paying customers and a serious vote of confidence for the AMD crowd.

Keep up the good work!

:cool:
3 REPLIES 3

vsimone67
Level 7
dejanh wrote:
Hi there,

I just wanted to take note of the fact that ASUS has released an $800 flagship motherboard that has so far received a whopping 0 (no, I didn't make a mistake on that one, that is a zero, z-e-r-o) updates in 4 months. That is quite impressive. It likely takes actual effort to ignore a product so badly that it receives zero updates. I mean, it is either that, or the Alpha is a perfect board...okay, that was funny 😉

True show of support for the highest paying customers and a serious vote of confidence for the AMD crowd.

Keep up the good work!

:cool:

They posted new Bios on Monday, I agree it took a long time. I applied the update yesterday and so far so good.

vsimone67 wrote:
They posted new Bios on Monday, I agree it took a long time. I applied the update yesterday and so far so good.

Oooohhh...must try when I get home. I see it has "Enhanced Security" :cool: 😮

Next one in September.

whiskey-foxtrot
Level 8
Well, I'm used to updating the BIOS through the BIOS (like with my Crosshairs VI/VII) and was also surprised not to find any updates with my Zenith Alpha. Mine has been on 0204 since release and I've had no issues with it. Someone pointed me to the website which listed an April update.

USB stick came out and update was put in place; of course, now I can no longer set my mem freq to 3200. FML.