cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504 Hero II CPU at 100 While Doing Normal Tasks

Salahaddin94
Level 7
Hello there, I have had Hero II for a while now. It was fine and fast, but the GTX 1060 got a hardware problem and I had to send it for repair at one of Asus's Repair Services.

I recently got my laptop back after the repair, I reset my PC and started a new, now the GTX is fine but the computer is slow and the CPU reaches 100% on normal usage. Basically it's not different from an average computer, I open 2-3 apps simultaneously and the PC gets so slow to the level that sometimes the mouse pointer gets a lag... 😞

I tried many fixes up to this point, but couldn't resolve it. Has anyone had similar problems. I would appreciate any help.

System Specs:
CPU: i7-8750H
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666
8 REPLIES 8

Vsparda
Level 7
Salahaddin94 wrote:
Hello there, I have had Hero II for a while now. It was fine and fast, but the GTX 1060 got a hardware problem and I had to send it for repair at one of Asus's Repair Services.

I recently got my laptop back after the repair, I reset my PC and started a new, now the GTX is fine but the computer is slow and the CPU reaches 100% on normal usage. Basically it's not different from an average computer, I open 2-3 apps simultaneously and the PC gets so slow to the level that sometimes the mouse pointer gets a lag... 😞

I tried many fixes up to this point, but couldn't resolve it. Has anyone had similar problems. I would appreciate any help.

System Specs:
CPU: i7-8750H
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666

what was the hardware problem of your gtx 1060??

Vsparda wrote:
what was the hardware problem of your gtx 1060??

I used to get "Error 43", which I had to send it for repair after trying everything and finally chatting with support (which was determined to be a hardware problem). I don't know any more details, regarding what was the hardware problem itself.

Salahaddin94 wrote:
I used to get "Error 43", which I had to send it for repair after trying everything and finally chatting with support (which was determined to be a hardware problem). I don't know any more details, regarding what was the hardware problem itself.

have u tried updating your bios??

Vsparda wrote:
have u tried updating your bios??

The BIOS is already up to date

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
They probably didn't seated the heatsink properly. Send it back if it's still under warranty. If it's not, you can do it yourself.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
They probably didn't seated the heatsink properly. Send it back if it's still under warranty. If it's not, you can do it yourself.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have 2 questions:
- In my case the CPU does not overheat, and it has a really good temperature as I noticed (40-60 degree). Do you think the problem is still with the heatsink?
- If I try to do what you suggested myself, do I risk voiding my warranty (since I still have a valid warranty)?

Salahaddin94 wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion. I have 2 questions:
- In my case the CPU does not overheat, and it has a really good temperature as I noticed (40-60 degree). Do you think the problem is still with the heatsink?
- If I try to do what you suggested myself, do I risk voiding my warranty (since I still have a valid warranty)?

You mean the GPU? That's possible, yes.
It depends. I don't know how they enforce the warranty where you live, but where I live we don't even have those "void" stickers anywhere inside or outside the laptop. I can do whatever I want with it, but if I mess it up, it's on me. I know it's a pain in the ass, but if it's still under warranty, send it back.

I decided to send it back for repair... I hope they don't screw up this time again, cause I've been having a nightmare with this PC, unfortunately!!!