Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Question GL504 Hero II CPU at 100 While Doing Normal Tasks

    Hello there, I have had Hero II for a while now. It was fine and fast, but the GTX 1060 got a hardware problem and I had to send it for repair at one of Asus's Repair Services.

    I recently got my laptop back after the repair, I reset my PC and started a new, now the GTX is fine but the computer is slow and the CPU reaches 100% on normal usage. Basically it's not different from an average computer, I open 2-3 apps simultaneously and the PC gets so slow to the level that sometimes the mouse pointer gets a lag...

    I tried many fixes up to this point, but couldn't resolve it. Has anyone had similar problems. I would appreciate any help.

    System Specs:
    CPU: i7-8750H
    RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    70

    Quote Originally Posted by Salahaddin94 View Post
    Hello there, I have had Hero II for a while now. It was fine and fast, but the GTX 1060 got a hardware problem and I had to send it for repair at one of Asus's Repair Services.

    I recently got my laptop back after the repair, I reset my PC and started a new, now the GTX is fine but the computer is slow and the CPU reaches 100% on normal usage. Basically it's not different from an average computer, I open 2-3 apps simultaneously and the PC gets so slow to the level that sometimes the mouse pointer gets a lag...

    I tried many fixes up to this point, but couldn't resolve it. Has anyone had similar problems. I would appreciate any help.

    System Specs:
    CPU: i7-8750H
    RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666
    what was the hardware problem of your gtx 1060??

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Vsparda View Post
    what was the hardware problem of your gtx 1060??
    I used to get "Error 43", which I had to send it for repair after trying everything and finally chatting with support (which was determined to be a hardware problem). I don't know any more details, regarding what was the hardware problem itself.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    70

    Quote Originally Posted by Salahaddin94 View Post
    I used to get "Error 43", which I had to send it for repair after trying everything and finally chatting with support (which was determined to be a hardware problem). I don't know any more details, regarding what was the hardware problem itself.
    have u tried updating your bios??

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Vsparda View Post
    have u tried updating your bios??
    The BIOS is already up to date

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    365

    They probably didn't seated the heatsink properly. Send it back if it's still under warranty. If it's not, you can do it yourself.

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    They probably didn't seated the heatsink properly. Send it back if it's still under warranty. If it's not, you can do it yourself.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I have 2 questions:
    - In my case the CPU does not overheat, and it has a really good temperature as I noticed (40-60 degree). Do you think the problem is still with the heatsink?
    - If I try to do what you suggested myself, do I risk voiding my warranty (since I still have a valid warranty)?

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    365

    Quote Originally Posted by Salahaddin94 View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. I have 2 questions:
    - In my case the CPU does not overheat, and it has a really good temperature as I noticed (40-60 degree). Do you think the problem is still with the heatsink?
    - If I try to do what you suggested myself, do I risk voiding my warranty (since I still have a valid warranty)?
    You mean the GPU? That's possible, yes.
    It depends. I don't know how they enforce the warranty where you live, but where I live we don't even have those "void" stickers anywhere inside or outside the laptop. I can do whatever I want with it, but if I mess it up, it's on me. I know it's a pain in the ass, but if it's still under warranty, send it back.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Unhappy

    I decided to send it back for repair... I hope they don't screw up this time again, cause I've been having a nightmare with this PC, unfortunately!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •