cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for someone with i9-9900k + Maximus XI HERO + TridentZ Quad kit >3600MHz

cniedzi
Level 8
Can someone test WinRAR extraction of big RAR file >10GB on HDD?
I'm able to pass WinRAR extraction of big rar file but only with Maximus Tweak set of Mode 2. I'm very interested if this issue relates to my configuration only or it is Maximus XI HERO related thing.

PS. My issue persists on two different TridentZ Quad kits. No matter what Maximus Tweak mode is set, Karhu RAM test passes with 13000% coverage.
41 REPLIES 41

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
WinRar uses AVX Instructions, is your CPU overclocked? You might need to set an AVX offset.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
WinRar uses AVX Instructions, is your CPU overclocked? You might need to set an AVX offset.

The same issue on stock clocks.

Mappi75
Level 8
Did you solve the problem? Thx!

I have a strange problem too:

Maximus XI Hero, 9900KF, G.Skill DDR4-4000 CL17-17-17

test "looks" stable but if i want to make a backup via macrium reflect home with verifiy the backup,
i got crc errors!

Mappi75 wrote:

I have a strange problem too - Hero, 9900KF, Gskil DDR4-4000 CL17-17-17

test looks stable but if i want to make a backup via macrium reflect home with verifiy the backup,
i got crc errors!

Hi, what Maximus Tweaker Mode do you use: Auto, Mode 1 or Mode 2? If Auto or Mode 1 try Mode 2. pls report back.

regards

Mappi75 wrote:

I have a strange problem too - Hero, 9900KF, Gskil DDR4-4000 CL17-17-17

test looks stable but if i want to make a backup via macrium reflect home with verifiy the backup,
i got crc errors!

Any news?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The memory is unstable.

If Tweak Mode 2 nets better stability, then best to stick with it. Mode 2 can offer better compatibility depending on the memory kit and CPU.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
windows is AVX instruction. that also affect POWER. and is consistent. I use LLC 6 and the dropp is consistent. I change the LLC and is more close to values tyhat i add to the bios.

IF you have AVG and you are ones that plays COOP fire strike or and games like that all day with you perfect keyboard and mouse and headsets (irony).

Please keep the AVX if you using applications that needed like blender, octane, etc.

But if you do normal application and games etc. AVX is not needed. I disable the AVX and use LLC 8 and is fantastic. TEMPS are on check thanks to Ryujin and fans on auto.

Still checking why there is droop on windows. NO IDEA WHY. but is 1000%stable after 12 hours test.

AVX is present on windows and have a vdrop apply and is replicable.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Mappi75
Level 8
@cniedzi

No CPU overclocking!

Bios 1105 (all voltages fixed):

running the Kit @DDR4-3900 Mhz CL17-17-37-2N
Mode: AUTO
DRAM Voltage 1,35v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1,20625v
CPU System Agent Voltage: 1,20625v
PCH Core Voltage: 1,05v
CPU Standard Voltage: 1,05v

Running RealBench 2.56: 8 hours using 32GB RAM and it was stable without any errors!

What i found out too:

RealBench is more realistic and show me the "same" errors like Macrium Reflect Home did during verifying the Backup,
this shows crc errors.

I used other programs too:

TestMem5 - default cfg. > show me within 8 minutes errors
Karhu RAM Test 1.1.0.0
HCI MemTest Pro 6.3 (running 16 times).

At the moment i flashed to Bios 1302

running the Kit @DDR4-4000 Mhz CL17-17-37-2N
Mode: Mode 1
DRAM Voltage 1,35v
CPU System Agent Voltage: 1,050v

...and waiting for a crash ^^

And my favorit test is backuping drive c: with macrium reflect home high compression & verifing the backup file.

It will not find every time crc- errors but when i runs it 3 times then a error will happen.

Edit:
On AUTO the board gives these (high) voltages:

CPU VCCIO Voltage over 1,4xv
CPU System Agent Voltage: over 1,4xv

Edit2:
It looks that Bios 1302 has a better memory support - still stable (2hours) in RealBench!
(4000Mhz didnt work before even with 1,4 voltages like the Auto setting from the board.

BTW: loaded XMPI profile

Mappi75 wrote:
@cniedzi

No CPU overclocking!

Bios 1105 (all voltages fixed):

running the Kit @DDR4-3900 Mhz CL17-17-37-2N
Mode: AUTO
DRAM Voltage 1,35v
CPU System Agent Voltage: 1,20625v
PCH Core Voltage: 1,05v
CPU Standard Voltage: 1,05v

Running RealBench 2.56: 8 hours using 32GB RAM and it was stable without any errors!

What i found out too:

RealBench is more realistic and show me the "same" errors like Macrium Reflect Home did during verifying the Backup,
this shows crc errors.

I used other programs too:

TestMem5 - default cfg. > show me within 8 minutes errors
Karhu RAM Test 1.1.0.0
HCI MemTest Pro 6.3 (running 16 times).

At the moment i flashed to Bios 1302

running the Kit @DDR4-4000 Mhz CL17-17-37-2N
Mode: Mode 1
DRAM Voltage 1,35v
CPU System Agent Voltage: 1,050v

...and waiting for a crash ^^

And my favorit test is backuping drive c: with macrium reflect home high compression & verifing the backup file.

It will not find every time crc- errors but when i runs it 3 times then a error will happen.

Edit:
On AUTO the board gives these (high) voltages:

CPU VCCIO Voltage over 1,4xv
CPU System Agent Voltage: over 1,4xv

Hi,
please set DRAM Maximus Tweaker Mode to 2 and I guess CRC errors will dissapear 🙂