cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone has a backup of BIOS 300 for GX501VS?

bluesknight25
Level 7
Hi, asus live update recently decided to update my BIOS from 300 to 309 without asking me. I have been having trouble with 309 whereas the fans start spinning at 2500rpm with no reasons out of the blue, stop for 10 seconds, start again for 10 seconds and all over again. Needless to say this is driving me insane. I have tried Speedfan to control them to no avail. The only way to fix this issue at the moment is to roll back at 300 but it is not available online anymore.

If anyone still has a copy of BIOS version 300 I would be indebted! Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

raju2529
Level 7
you can download from official site
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Afflospark
Level 7
bluesknight25 wrote:
Hi, asus live update recently decided to update my BIOS from 300 to 309 without asking me. I have been having trouble with 309 whereas the fans start spinning at 2500rpm with no reasons out of the blue, stop for 10 seconds, start again for 10 seconds and all over again. Needless to say this is driving me insane. I have tried Speedfan to control them to no avail. The only way to fix this issue at the moment is to roll back at 300 but it is not available online anymore.

If anyone still has a copy of BIOS version 300 I would be indebted! Thank you

Hello,
As I read you face an issue with your bios driver which update automatically and after that your fan working in the worst way
Actually, this is happening due to your option choose to automatically download any driver so first, you have to stop that service.
Then you go to download centre of Asus wherein the download history you find your system old BIOS version 300
If you don't find that driver there then you have to search it online there are many sites which provide drivers check there.
Hope this will help you.
Thanks