cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Need Chipset Drivers for ROG Strix X470F - 18.50.16

87_442
Level 7
Hello! I am building a new system, and need help finding the correct chipset drivers. New system will be as follows:

Asus ROG Strix X470F
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
16 gig Patriot DDR4 3000 RAM
MSI GTX1060
Windows 10 Pro

I found the latest drivers for almost everything on the Asus site, except for the motherboard chipset drivers. I did some searching, and found that others had the same problem. I have not assembled the system yet, and I do have the disk, but I want to be sure I have the correct driver in case I have to update the bios.

I found that the drivers that are recommended for the bios update are 18.50.16. If I do a search for these, I can find them for the X470i, and for the X370, but they are not on the page for the X470F. I called Asus support, and the gentleman did some checking, and they could not find them either. They created a help ticket for Level 2 support, and said that someone would call within the next 24 hours. Problem is, it is Saturday, and that looks very unlikely right now.

Can anyone point me to the right place to get these chipset drivers?

Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES 2

TimeLion724
Level 8
Looks like there are only chipset files for win7.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

TimeLion724 wrote:
Looks like there are only chipset files for win7.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

hanks for your reply. That is pretty much what I heard from an Asus tech that I had a chat with. What I can't figure out is why does the driver page mention using 18.50.16 if it does not exist? Also, if the Win 7 driver is correct, why is it not on the list?
I think that the WIn 7 driver is the same one on the support disk supplied with the board.
Maybe someone out there might have the answer.