cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any PG348Q onwers can answer this plz?

stefpats
Level 7
So i m an owner of PG348Q since 1 and half years now and overall i m pretty satisfied.Had no real issues till yesterday when i started my pc and got a black monitor although my pc was running.After several restarts i managed to get an image on the monitor after i had unplugged the monitor from AC and display port cables (and replugged them).
What i noticed was that the small led on the bottom right of the monitor ,the "standby" led was blinking amber while the pc was off and stable red when the monitor was on and pc was working.
So my question is: can someone tell me if this "standy" led on the bottom right of his screen is having the same behaviour or do i have an issue with a monitor and that flashing amber is telling me something is wrong with the monitor and have to take to service?Cause (and i dont know if i m going crazy here) but i cant recall having these colours ( i think it was stable green when pc/monitor was on and stable red when pc was off) or blinking on that led.So what is the normal variation of color of this led?
I ve read the manual and i m not sure if i fall into the categories written in there.
Thanks for your replies.
3 REPLIES 3

Zeroed85
Level 8
I've had that issue with a black screen and needing to unplug all of the cables once or twice. The blinking amber "standby" is normal for when you have re-plugged everything like that. The solid red led means G-Sync is enabled and is totally normal, this is what you should see. If G-Sync is turned off via Nvidia control panel you will get a solid white led. What color do you currently see?

stefpats
Level 7
I have amber blinking when pc is off and solid red when pc is on.So this means all is ok?Then i must have panicked and thought that i had different colors from what i had before.Thanx man.

Zeroed85
Level 8
Yep it's OK. Your monitor has G-Sync and a solid red light means G-Sync is enabled. If you disable G-Sync in Nvidia control panel you will get a solid white light which indicates G-Sync disabled. Your good to go.