ROG Junior Member Array

G551JW doesn't boot

My G551JW doesn't boot up. When I press the power button both the power and airplane mode lights are on but the screen is black and I can't do anything. This has been for a while now. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

if you're under warranty, use it... RMA the lap.
    also, check the charger and cable for outputting the correct voltage using multimeter.

if not, this behavior might be caused from number of issues:

• your battery/charger got damaged, but not completely, i.e they provide some degree of voltage to power the leds.
      try with different cables and charger, w/ and w/o battery ( if it's external )
    • your UEFI (BIOS) got corrupted and needs to be reflashed. search this sub-forums for "how to", it basicly the same procedure for each G serie laptop, only the filename on the FAT32 formatted USB is different.
    • The LCD ribbon cable got out of its socket, so the rest of the HW and even SW might work as it should be, but you simply don't see anything on-screen.
      you can verify it by connecting the laptop to external monitor, wait for the OS to load, the toggle the screen output using the FN+F8 ( most laptops ) combo.

you need to provide more info if you want further help... like do you hear the HDD rotate, does the LEDs are ON or being flashed... what about the charging LED ?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Perhaps you could try to boot into your BIOS (F2). This would confirm some capability.