cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board has different Sn to box.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Six or eight months ago I had to return my R6E, unfortunately I am in the process of returning the replacement .
I have been asked for the Sn and when checking it appears the board has a different Sn to the box, this is the first time I have looked at it and should I give them the box Sn or the board Sn, wondering if I was sent a repaired one now?*
11 REPLIES 11

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I'd give them the board SN...but make it clear this was a replacement for your original...maybe give them original SN too and first RMA number etc.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Thanks Arne, will do.:)

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hope they sort you out with a decent replacement ASAP!

Rob_W_
Level 12
I’m wishing I hadn’t given my M8e to my son now.
It’s just not the same using an iPad :o*

Rob_W_
Level 12
Hi guys, just an update on my board.
As you know I returned board in March, probably 15-20 emails later board is now in customs on its way back to me from Canada.
WHAT A SAGA!
Uktechstore accepted return and sent it to ASUs,
ASUs contacted them and said board was no longer under warranty ? Huh!
Then they said it was not the board that was supplied to uktechstore! I must have returned a different board ( price of these I’m hardly likely to buy 2 )
A month later they agreed it is under warranty and needs repair.
Then they say board has to go to ASUs UK under direct RMA, they would not repair it there.
So they returned board to uk tech in Canada and now I get phone call from fedex saying board is in customs and want my email.
I get email from them stating import duties may apply which will have to be paid?? Wtf.
So I will have board back soon, I don’t know if they have repaired it or not and if not I then have to send it away again.
This is all getting a bit farcical ( more than a bit ) I don’t know who is throwing the bull sh#t *uktechstore or ASUs, one thing for sure I’m trapped, i certainly can’t afford to buy another board which I would just to have my rig working again,it’s going out of date rapidly here and hardly used!**

Not a happy bunny!*

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Rob_W_
Level 12
Well I got the board back ! In a box wrapped in thin bubble wrap, no original box,fittings,cables or accessories that I sent it off with,!
I contacted ASUs UK , they won’t cover it under rma unless through point of purchase ( I sort of new that was coming) or I can pay to have it repaired?
So at the minute it seems however it gets repaired I can’t install it because I have none of the fittings or cables.
Too right it sucks Arne...*

Rob W. wrote:
Well I got the board back ! In a box wrapped in thin bubble wrap, no original box,fittings,cables or accessories that I sent it off with,!
I contacted ASUs UK , they won’t cover it under rma unless through point of purchase ( I sort of new that was coming) or I can pay to have it repaired?
So at the minute it seems however it gets repaired I can’t install it because I have none of the fittings or cables.
Too right it sucks Arne...*

Too late now but for future reference I would never send in accessories with an RMA unless explicitly instructed to do so. I apply this to any company. Even if they make an effort to send your stuff back there's a chance something can go missing.

Anyway, I would at least try to test the board. Put it on a piece of cardboard and install minimal components. The last thing you need is for ASUS and the shop to faff about for a few weeks with the accessories and then you find out the board doesn't even work.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Rob_W_
Level 12
Update,
Managed to pick up a s/h R6E at a good price so that’s in and running, it was starting to look like I’d never get board back and desperate to get some video editing done.
Uk tech store managed to get all the bits and pieces back from ASUs, and board is now with ASUs Uk, they have agreed to fix it under warranty so I believe it’s now in Checoslovakia or somewhere like that being repaired.
So hopefully will get it back soon. *Winters coming yeh!**