Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does cpu current capability do?

Black_Rishi98
Level 7
Greetings from india
Should i increase my cpu current capabilty to 280%
I purchased a Rampage vi Omega from my i9-9980xe and i noticed that my cpu current capability can go higher upto 280% while my maximus xi formula can just go upto 240%
i'm planing on overclocking my 9980xe to 4.5GHZ so should i select the higher cpu current capabilty

Thanks
Black_Rishi98
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Think of it like a power slider...so yes, if you are OCing you want to increase it...

Keep an eye on temps...good luck with the OC!

Black_Rishi98
Level 7
Thanks alot
Black_Rishi98

Raja
Level 13
The CPU current capability parameter sets the threshold for the VRM to shutdown. It’s a failsafe that works by monitoring how much current the VRM is supplying to the CPU. The default setting should be ample for most overclocking. You only need to increase it if the motherboard shuts down when the CPU is under load. No other reason to adjust it; there is nothing to be gained by doing so.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The CPU current capability parameter sets the threshold for the VRM to shutdown. It’s a failsafe that works by monitoring how much current the VRM is supplying to the CPU. The default setting should be ample for most overclocking. You only need to increase it if the motherboard shuts down when the CPU is under load. No other reason to adjust it; there is nothing to be gained by doing so.

Thanks alot apperciatie it. I guess than i should leave in on auto, anyways i had set the CPU current capability to 240% and then i ran a stress test and compared it with auto (CPU current capability) i didn't notice any major differences

thanks for the information
Black_Rishi98