cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Live Update Issue Stuck at 40% /How do I fix this?

AgentHunk
Level 8

WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****????ASUS????

I tried installing it the other day and waited 20 minutes for it to install but the firewall was on,I then clicked cancel and forced shutdown.now it is displaying in buggy form.
Today I am attempting to fix it by restarting which I just did and re start the process with the firewall off,an now I am going to let it run hoping it will finish successfully this time.

I already did the restart recently and am now attempting to correct yesterday's mistake.

I do not understand why it wont uninstall or why it is not working.before It worked fine with no problem.now,I cannot seem to see it display properly and refuses to be located and found and removed.

I do not have time for Full PC Resets or any of that bull****.I am not wiping my data and installs I accumalated from steam and other game sites and other benchmarking tools.

takes too long to re install of of it again..a waste of time.

So tell me what do I do to fix this?
4 REPLIES 4

jdfrench3
Level 12
Perform a System Restore to before the installation of ASUS Live Update.

Control Panel, System, System Protection, System Restore.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Perform a System Restore to before the installation of ASUS Live Update.

Control Panel, System, System Protection, System Restore.

Ok,did it and had to use dism and install radeon and check all the other apps and make sure system is good before i attempted to do it again.

now I am doing it with the firewall off..

it is still displaying updating 40%.....after 20 minutes.

First: What ASUS Gaming Laptop are you attempting this procedure?

Second: Why, after removing ASUS Live Update, are you now reinstalling it?

ASUS Live Update version 3.6.8 dated 03/14/2019 is the only version you should be installing. Actually many would suggest that ASUS Live Update should not be installed at all.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
First: What ASUS Gaming Laptop are you attempting this procedure?

Second: Why, after removing ASUS Live Update, are you now reinstalling it?

ASUS Live Update version 3.6.8 dated 03/14/2019 is the only version you should be installing. Actually many would suggest that ASUS Live Update should not be installed at all.

I never had a problem until this update.........

not one problem....

now support tells me to do a refresh first and then a reset if it doesnt work.....

I have to install steam,origin,stargate resistance and gfwl and all these other apps again?

I think not.

besides I cannot remove it not even with revo uninstaller