cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code AE Qled white (vga)

Seizantherealon
Level 7
Evening all, i'm kinda stuck atm.

Trying to get a pc up and going, but it wont boot at all, no post on monitor at all! after a min or two the error code stops at AE, and the Qled is white.
I have tryed with two different gpu that both work in another pc, also tryed them in two different pcie slots.
And tryed with two different psu's

Anyone have some clues?!
TY 😄

Crosshair VI Hero
Ryzen 7 2700X
G-skill flareX 3200/16GB
Vega 56
8 REPLIES 8

MeanMachine
Level 13
Qcode AE is a Legacy Boot event indicating an error with your SSD or HDD or an improper Bios configuration with your drives priority. So you may in fact have two issues. There is a difference between your Qcode led and the Onboard leds which are directly below the Qcode led.
You do have the OS installed I assume?
Is this a new build?

You should first determine the monitor is functional as well as the GPU (which you have done) (test in another system or swapout) and that all cables correctly installed and functional.
As I'm not sure of your Bios condition it would be best to update and reflash your Bios using your rear IO panel and a USB. I say this to eliminate possible Bios corruption.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Qcode AE is a Legacy Boot event indicating an error with your SSD or HDD or an improper Bios configuration with your drives priority. So you may in fact have two issues. There is a difference between your Qcode led and the Onboard leds which are directly below the Qcode led.
You do have the OS installed I assume?
Is this a new build?

You should first determine the monitor is functional as well as the GPU (which you have done) (test in another system or swapout) and that all cables correctly installed and functional.
As I'm not sure of your Bios condition it would be best to update and reflash your Bios using your rear IO panel and a USB. I say this to eliminate possible Bios corruption.

-99.9% sure that cables, monitor, gpu, psu, SSD work proparly, since those work on another system.
-It's and old build that have been to service at retailer, due to no function. They said that the CPU (1800X) was mailfunction and they gave me a new CPU from warranty and 2700X. (That could maybe be an issue? Trying to start up a MB that used to have an 1800X with an 2700X?)

Gonna look up on USB Bios flash then, looks like this might be the thing to do. Never done that before, but heard i can be a little tricky?

TY for reply:)

MeanMachine
Level 13
Yes you need to flash your Bios to latest version 6903 and your chipset driver.
It is simple providing you follow these steps carefully.

Refer to your MB manual on page 2-13 for USB Flashback. You do not need the system to be powered up just power to the MB.
You need an empty USB formatted to FAT32 single partition.

Download the Bios file and Bios renamer from Bios utilities. Extract the Bios file and rename it using renamer to C6H.CAP.
Insert the USB into the correct USB port then push the USB flashback button for 3-5 secs till it begins to blink. It takes a few mins and once it stops your done.
Should the flashback button stop and remain lit then there is an issue and that's usually due to a bad USB, an incorrectly formatted USB or incorrectly renamed Bios file.
Restart your system and enter Bios to make any required changes.
Please report back.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Seizantherealon
Level 7
Ooookay so i did;
1. download latest bios to an USB that i formated to FAT32, renamed the file.
2. conected the USB to the bios usb port, shut down the pc, then hold bios flash button for 3sec-ish.
3. then the light was constant blue, never shut off.
4. waited some time (like "normal" bios update -time). then hit the power swithc on psu to turn the all **** down.
5. started pc again, got error code 8, "microde loading".
6. instead of finding the hammer, i hit the cmos and then trying the restart buton on MB, nothing happens.
7. hiting the retry button on MB. it boot to bios!
8. the bios version is still the old one. then i download the latest one to an usb from my main pc.
9. Updating the bios via ez flash to latest version. This takes some time so i leave to make some coffee etc, and when i get back it show the fukin error code 8 on MB again.
10. i poke the retry button again. it boot and latest bios is installed!

So far all looks good been running for like 45min now, installing and updating stuff... 😄

MeanMachine
Level 13
Excellent Seizantherealone 😛 and glad you have it sorted. As you have found, there is more than one method to update Bios and EZ Flash from within Bios has worked.
Others cannot enter Bios so fortunately flashback is available using the rear IO panel without having to enter Bios.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Seizantherealon
Level 7
LOL this MB is really giving me a hard time!
Now i'm just finished my custom water cooling on two AMD Vega 64 cards, buuuuuuuuuut now the second card is not detected:mad:
Not even power lights on the gpu... the card was working when i took it out from another pc a few days ago, something could have happened to it, but i doubt that 😕

MeanMachine
Level 13
Well that ofc is a different troubleshoot. I assume you tested both cards in both slots to eliminate the possibility of a dead PCIe slot. If its proven that both cards work in a paticuler slot then you either have contamination or a dead slot and that's RMA time.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Seizantherealon
Level 7
Got second card tested in first PCIe slot, and it works. So that makes it an MB issue or some software thing.

Thing is now i might have fuked things up, when i going to put the cards back i acidently pulled them a part, and result was ofc cooling liquid flowing out!

Atleast i had pulled out power cord from PSU before i started this, but.... guess i'll see how stuff are after i get it dryed up lol