cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VRM temp sensor on Maximux XI Hero (Wifi) ?

Filo1
Level 7
Hello everone!

I just upgraded from Sabertooth 990fx to Maximux XI Hero and i have problem.
In AISuite 2 i was able to set chassis fans with vrm temps, but on maximus board there is no vrm temps sensor. in sources
Does this board even have VRM temps sensor?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

no1yak
Level 8
Filo1 wrote:
Hello everone!

I just upgraded from Sabertooth 990fx to Maximux XI Hero and i have problem.
In AISuite 2 i was able to set chassis fans with vrm temps, but on maximus board there is no vrm temps sensor. in sources
Does this board even have VRM temps sensor?

Thanks

Anything other than Bios version 0506 the VRM reading is removed, so hence no VRM to set your fans to. I set my fans to PCH which runs hotter than the VRM. You can still see the VRM temp in Aida64 or HWinfo if you enable the EC support . You might get EC errors in the Event Viewer once enabled. I personally don't bother with this temp reading.

BillBittel
Level 12
Why would they remove VRM reading from the BIOS? After all the hoo ha about most Asus ROG XI series VRM designs being 4-phase but called "Twin 8-Phase)", and Asus finally defending it as an alternate but adequate design, I can't see why Asus would want to remove VRM temp from the BIOS. Are they trying to hide high VRM temps?

BillBittel wrote:
Why would they remove VRM reading from the BIOS? After all the hoo ha about most Asus ROG XI series VRM designs being 4-phase but called "Twin 8-Phase)", and Asus finally defending it as an alternate but adequate design, I can't see why Asus would want to remove VRM temp from the BIOS. Are they trying to hide high VRM temps?

You'll never get an answer to that question and yes allot of comments have been levelled against Asus and the poor VRM advertising but, at the end of the day it still works. In my daily usage the VRM temps never go above 47c and my overclock is 5Ghz @2.10v vcore. I can run RealBench until the cows come home , so for me, crappy advertising aside , it works well.