cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus aura ( Oh no !)

Psycrow
Level 11
I just installed asus aura again since i want to see if things has changed since last time.
But sometimes the program dosent even load or it gives me the " program has stopped responding" error.

Then i reinstalled it over and over until it finaly worked. Now when i open the program, then i only see
my G skill ramm that can be linked in order to work with the program. And i did that.

I could controle my ram RGB but there was no motherboard option to see.
Im using Formula IX ROG and it comes with some rgb ligths that are set to rainbow mode for defaults.
I could not set the motherboard to any mode since there was no option for it...

What is wrong here ?
Program dosent want to work allways and when it works, there i sno motherboard option.
I had installed it for a year ago and there i could see my ram and motherboard an di could link both..

Did Rgb go down the drain that badly ?

I tryed to install G skill aura an dit was the same program same problems. Then i tryed G skill royale and it worked fine ONLY with my ramm.

So how do i control emy motherboards rgb beside turning em on and off in bios ?
22 REPLIES 22

1mluer
Level 11
Psycrow wrote:
I just installed asus aura again since i want to see if things has changed since last time.
But sometimes the program dosent even load or it gives me the " program has stopped responding" error.

Then i reinstalled it over and over until it finaly worked. Now when i open the program, then i only see
my G skill ramm that can be linked in order to work with the program. And i did that.

I could controle my ram RGB but there was no motherboard option to see.
Im using Formula IX ROG and it comes with some rgb ligths that are set to rainbow mode for defaults.
I could not set the motherboard to any mode since there was no option for it...

What is wrong here ?
Program dosent want to work allways and when it works, there i sno motherboard option.
I had installed it for a year ago and there i could see my ram and motherboard an di could link both..

Did Rgb go down the drain that badly ?

I tryed to install G skill aura an dit was the same program same problems. Then i tryed G skill royale and it worked fine ONLY with my ramm.

So how do i control emy motherboards rgb beside turning em on and off in bios ?

I would suggest installing the version that is recommended for your motherboard. go to the support area for your motherboard and use that one. My aura didn't work until I used the one suggested for my motherboard and not the latest one.

go to the support section of the main site.. look up your motherboard then go to utilities and click show all .. it should be listed there. I too also had at Maximus IX version.. Apex.

I would completely uninstall the version you have now.. Reboot the machine before installing the version listed for your motherboard.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
I would suggest installing the version that is recommended for your motherboard. go to the support area for your motherboard and use that one. My aura didn't work until I used the one suggested for my motherboard and not the latest one.

go to the support section of the main site.. look up your motherboard then go to utilities and click show all .. it should be listed there. I too also had at Maximus IX version.. Apex.

I would completely uninstall the version you have now.. Reboot the machine before installing the version listed for your motherboard.

I tryed what you suggested, t least the program is working now and i can use it, But i dont see my motherboard anywhere in the top
This is what i see. Would a bios reset work ?

1mluer
Level 11
YES It would probably work like it did for me.. go to the following sections in bios.

go into bios: > Go to Advanced > Go down the Onboard Devices Configuration > Go down to the RGB LED lighting and turn it off..

I would save and reboot. I would then go back into bios and go back to that setting and turn it back ON. > Save and reboot again and check it. It should work hopefully for you as it did for me.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer
Level 11
Did it work ? 🙂
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

Psycrow
Level 11
Sorry i forgot about it all here in the easter hollidays..i will do it tomorrow when i wake up 🙂 but it sounds like it could work

Psycrow
Level 11
It disent work..my motherboard wont show up in that program at all..only my ramm shows up and they are not even asus brand

1mluer
Level 11
Change version of aura sync. I had to do that to get it to work too. It's got to be one of those two.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

I would Unistall Aura then run a registry cleaner (like CCleaner).
Then reboot and try installing Aura again.

DMAN999 wrote:
I would Unistall Aura then run a registry cleaner (like CCleaner).
Then reboot and try installing Aura again.

Been there done that..dident work