cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6E + 9980XE code 00

ayman_abm
Level 7
Dears,

I have R6E since October 2018 and never unboxed it or used it, I bought it and waited for the i9 9th Gen CPUz. Several Days ago I bought the 9980XE from Amazon, Installed it, and got CPU Code:00, so I thought its a BIOS issue, Since I have the board long Time ago and never used it before.

what Steps I did:

• Downloaded The BIOS from ASUS website 1704 and renamed the file to R6E.CAP
  • Installed That BIOS using Flash Back

These Steps didn't help and still getting CODE 00. I found also in ASUS Site that BIOS 1603 Supports 9980XE, so I found that BIOS Online, and Flashed it to the 2nd BIOS, also didn't HELP.

I went to a computer shop where I bought This Board, and we used an OLD CPU Gen (7900x) and the board Booted Success, we Flashed again Both BIOSs using Flash Back from BIOS Settings (F2) and tried the 9980XE but same error code 00 appears.

We changed the VGA Card twice and also PSU , that didn't help.

Last thing we did, we tried this CPU on other Boards (Strix-E and Tuff) and these boards also couldn't start with this CPU.

Note: In My R6E pressing the Switch BIOS button on MB do nothing, I only could Switch between BIOSs using BIOS Settings Screen (F2), why this button not working ?

Is This Board Supporting This CPU 9980XE ? what shall I do Next ? BTW the CPU was Sealed in BOX and Brand NEW, can it be defected from Manufacturer and Sealed in BOX?

Please Help!!!!!
30 REPLIES 30

LiveOrDie
Level 11
CODE 00 is ether corrupt bios or dead CPU sadly I would recommend taking your XE back, on a side note the 9xxx and even 7xxx are only 6gen architecture so you wasted your time waiting, the 9980XE is just a higher binned 7980XE.

LiveOrDie wrote:
CODE 00 is ether corrupt bios or dead CPU sadly I would recommend taking your XE back, on a side note the 9xxx and even 7xxx are only 6gen architecture so you wasted your time waiting, the 9980XE is just a higher binned 7980XE.

if it was a corrupted BIOS it wouldn't run the Older CPU (7900x) in the shop right? so you thought its a DEAD CPU ?

ayman_abm wrote:
if it was a corrupted BIOS it wouldn't run the Older CPU (7900x) in the shop right? so you thought its a DEAD CPU ?

Yes if it boots with another CPU and the boards bios has been updated the CPU is dead.

ayman_abm
Level 7

I Found that in some angels you can find Chines letters written on the CPU, is that NORMAL ??

ayman_abm wrote:

I Found that in some angels you can find Chines letters written on the CPU, is that NORMAL ??

Guys My Friend did a Translation for me what is written there in Chinese, its a Company Name: "7 lessons of quality management"

any idea guys for this ?

ayman_abm wrote:

Lmao, this is fake cpu, how you miss that
9000/10000 series has a hole on the lid, because of soldering procces
but this cpu dont have, so 100% blank cpu + laser printed, but they forgot made a hole

Homewrecker
Level 9
With all of the Intel CPU's I've owned over the years I don't ever remember there being Chinese characters written on them.
I have read somewhere about some Chinese manufacturers taking cheap processors and hacking them to identify them as something else. There were also reports of fake processors sold on Amazon.

This could simply be a case of a dead genuine CPU though. Who knows.

[h=1]

Homewrecker wrote:
With all of the Intel CPU's I've owned over the years I don't ever remember there being Chinese characters written on them.
I have read somewhere about some Chinese manufacturers taking cheap processors and hacking them to identify them as something else. There were also reports of fake processors sold on Amazon.

This could simply be a case of a dead genuine CPU though. Who knows.

[h=1]

same here, I am working in Computer Hardware Bossiness more than 20 years, I never seen an Intel CPU with Chinese Characters on it.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Never seen that it could be a fake that CPU doesn't look new, it could be re-stemmed xeon or something what does the bottom side look like?