cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Ascertaining WIFI Problem

Iahon
Level 7
Hello all,
I've recently upgraded my motherboard to a ROG B450-F gaming motherboard. After doing so, I've noticed wildly inconsistent internet speeds and random ping spikes. I only get these inconsistencies on my PC with this motherboard, any other phone or computer in my household does not get this. I've also tried not one, not two, but *three* different network cards and I get the same result. Is there a possibility that there is something wrong with this motherboard? I believe I mentioned this earlier, but this only started with this motherboard which leads me to think it is the cause, though I am unsure why.

Also, before you ask, due to location difficulties using ethernet directly is an impossibility for me.

Thanks for any help or advice the community can give, and I apologize if this is in the wrong location!
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Make sure you have the latest drivers for everything from the ASUS website. In one rare circumstance Windows update installed a version of the Intel Management Engine that killed my wifi speeds and made my system unstable. Getting the latest version from the manufacturer's website fixed it.

It might also be the location of your PC is a wifi deadzone. Are you able to rotate the machine or move it closer to a doorway, at least temporarily?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

TimeLion724
Level 8
It could be your routers setting also, usually when there is a lot of people with Wifi in your neighborhood, the wifi channels begin to conflict because most people's routers are using the same channel, and that causes the problems you are experiencing...
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS