Storage #2M8pe 256gb
    CPU CoolerH100i v2
    CaseMaster case pro 5
    Power SupplyRM850i
    Keyboard KB28g A4tech
    Mouse Cerberus
    OS Win 10

Smile low voltage policy for overclocking

Overclocking with high voltage does not give best results because of high temps. I think ASUS should do this as well, maybe doing it from windows is not the best idea. stress testing and finding right voltage could be just done without windows.

ideally a boot-able USB flash drive like memtest86 but for stress testing and finding the right voltage/temp/frequency that way is much faster and doesn't require loading windows every time. its crash free because those crashes without OS doesn't really matter

Please make a boot-able tool for overclocking and please not just new motherboards, I'm still using VIII hero alpha, don't forget VIII and even lower series.

With AI suite I get 4.4 GHz at 1.4 volts while i could manually achieve 4.5GHz at 1.296 and its very stable (passed ~12Hours torture test).

Also tuning VCCIO and VCCSA and other voltages via this tool would be handy, that is after finding right voltage for Vcore, start tuning VCCIO and then VCCSA, I know it takes a long time, but few minutes should be enough to get roughly stable Vcore/VCC voltages under stress and then 1 hour or arbitrary time for longer stability test should be enough to get the right voltages.

Thanks a lot.

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

There would be next to no point coming up with a stress test/tuning utility that ran outside of an operating system. Stability has to cover the most used operating scenario for any PC. This is nearly always running an OS...and this OS is Windows in the overwhelming majority of cases.

Sure, some would like to have a utility that accurately and automatically diagnosed and OCd a system...this is evolving. Given the almost limitless combinations of hardware and the rapid pace of change in the market it is going to be a challenge.

Certainly for the moment...OCIng is best done by the individual in the BIOS, with the target being to stably run as realistic a stress test as posible, on an OS...

New ROGer Array Beethoven PC Specs
    Beethoven PC Specs
    MotherboardHero alhpa
    Processor6700k
    Memory (part number)TridentZ 3600 cl16 4x16GB
    Graphics Card #11080
    Storage #12x 850 pro 512gb
    Storage #2M8pe 256gb
    CPU CoolerH100i v2
    CaseMaster case pro 5
    Power SupplyRM850i
    Keyboard KB28g A4tech
    Mouse Cerberus
    OS Win 10

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    There would be next to no point coming up with a stress test/tuning utility that ran outside of an operating system. Stability has to cover the most used operating scenario for any PC. This is nearly always running an OS...and this OS is Windows in the overwhelming majority of cases.

Sure, some would like to have a utility that accurately and automatically diagnosed and OCd a system...this is evolving. Given the almost limitless combinations of hardware and the rapid pace of change in the market it is going to be a challenge.

Certainly for the moment...OCIng is best done by the individual in the BIOS, with the target being to stably run as realistic a stress test as posible, on an OS...
    Imho running OS is irrelevant because we just want to put hardware under heavy load and see if its stable, if it can perform correctly or not. If it can perform correctly, then it can run any OS or any other program correctly.

By stress test though i don't mean crazy ones that include AVX, although this can be an option as well.

My ideal overclocking system would be an integrated chip that monitors hardware and overclocks the system procedurally. Artificial intelligence is capable of doing many things that always facsinates me.

This integrated chip would not rely on CPU or RAM though. It will operate on its own, gathers data from sensors, detect instabilities and adjust overclocking speed overtime and learn personality of your hardware. It also considers power saving.

This AI will know if you use your computer 24/7 then it should consider life span of your components as well.

It can send state of your hardware to a server, so on average ASUS will know common or at least starting voltages and frequencies of good OC for your hardware and others...

And many other things that can be considered.

Normal users don't have to deal with complexity involved. Like is this temprature safe for every day use? This voltage is ok?

Since i knew they don't do it, i lowered my expectations just to tool outside OS designed to keep voltages low. TPU is the opposite. It gives high voltage
    Last edited by Beethoven; 04-18-2019 at 03:59 PM.