cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does the Asus Z390 Rog Maximus XI Apex motherboard enable integrated graphics ?

rkinslo
Level 7
Hello all,

I was participating in a Hwbot overclocking contest and one of the benchmark needed us to use integrated graphics and I was not able to locate the option to enable integrated graphics on my Asus Z390 Rog Maximus XI Apex motherboard. The only port that may support video out is the USB Type C connector. Please advise anyone.
3 REPLIES 3

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
rkinslo wrote:
Hello all,

I was participating in a Hwbot overclocking contest and one of the benchmark needed us to use integrated graphics and I was not able to locate the option to enable integrated graphics on my Asus Z390 Rog Maximus XI Apex motherboard. The only port that may support video out is the USB Type C connector. Please advise anyone.

Pretty sure you're out of luck. I see no display outs on that board. Wonder why. Their other maximus boards had DP

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The Apex is aimed at competitive overclocking, so certain creature comforts are sacrificed so to not encroach on signal integrity. Using onboard display even has an impact on things such as memory overclocking. Plenty of other boards to choose from if this doesn't suit ones requirements.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Selynelar
Level 8
rkinslo wrote:
Hello all,

I beleive first you need something like this if you want to connect your mobo to your monitor.
https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-USB-DisplayPort-Adapter-Resolutions/dp/B01EXKDRAC

Usually in the asus motherboard's bios you can locate you primary display here:
ADVANCE SETTINGS-SYSTEM AGENT (SA) CONFIGURATION->GRAPHIC CONFIGURATION-->PRIMARY GPU OR DISPLAY(SOMETHING LIKE THAT) AND CHOOSE -->IGP INSTEAD AUTO OR PEG/PCIE

I hope it helped. But I also dont understand that this board why doesn't have any display or hdmi port.

Regards,
Selynelar