How Does the Asus Z390 Rog Maximus XI Apex motherboard enable integrated graphics ?

Hello all,

I was participating in a Hwbot overclocking contest and one of the benchmark needed us to use integrated graphics and I was not able to locate the option to enable integrated graphics on my Asus Z390 Rog Maximus XI Apex motherboard. The only port that may support video out is the USB Type C connector. Please advise anyone.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus x code bios1704
    Memory (part number)8700k 5.1/4.9avx
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 gaming trio
    MonitorHP Omen 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU CoolerH150i
    CaseLian li pc011
    Power SupplyEvga supernova g3 850w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by rkinslo View Post
    Hello all,

I was participating in a Hwbot overclocking contest and one of the benchmark needed us to use integrated graphics and I was not able to locate the option to enable integrated graphics on my Asus Z390 Rog Maximus XI Apex motherboard. The only port that may support video out is the USB Type C connector. Please advise anyone.
    Pretty sure you're out of luck. I see no display outs on that board. Wonder why. Their other maximus boards had DP

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

The Apex is aimed at competitive overclocking, so certain creature comforts are sacrificed so to not encroach on signal integrity. Using onboard display even has an impact on things such as memory overclocking. Plenty of other boards to choose from if this doesn't suit ones requirements.

ROG Member Array Selynelar PC Specs
    Selynelar PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO
    ProcessorI7 8700K
    Memory (part number)HYPERX 2*8GB 2666MHZ
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080 TI GAMING X
    MonitorASUS PG258Q
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 NVME
    Storage #2WDC WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0
    CPU CoolerBE QUIET! DARK ROCK 4
    CaseBE QUIET PURE BASE 600
    Power SupplyBE QUIET STRAIGHT POWER 10 800W
    Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS MKII
    Mouse LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
    Mouse Pad STEELSERIES QCK EDGE
    OS WINDOWS 10 64BIT(1809 VERSION)
    Network RouterTP-LINK ARCHER C8

Quote Originally Posted by rkinslo View Post
    Hello all,

I beleive first you need something like this if you want to connect your mobo to your monitor.
    https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-USB-.../dp/B01EXKDRAC

Usually in the asus motherboard's bios you can locate you primary display here:
    ADVANCE SETTINGS-SYSTEM AGENT (SA) CONFIGURATION->GRAPHIC CONFIGURATION-->PRIMARY GPU OR DISPLAY(SOMETHING LIKE THAT) AND CHOOSE -->IGP INSTEAD AUTO OR PEG/PCIE

I hope it helped. But I also dont understand that this board why doesn't have any display or hdmi port.

Regards,
    Selynelar