New ROGer Array

AX11000 VPN Fusion failure

Hi,

I just bought the router and I'm currently using the latest firmware and I cannot seem to get VPN Fusion working for specific devices. I can do the following:

Setting 1
    Add Server - ExpressVPN using OpenVPN (not as default)
    Add Exception - 1 AppleTV
    Result - works but all other devices not in exception cannot connect to Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Setting 2
    Add Server - ExpressVPN using OpenVPN (used as default)
    No exception added
    Result - all devices works through VPN.

Setting 3
    Add Server - ExpressVPN using OpenVPN (as default)
    Add Exception - 1 AppleTV (to Internet)
    Result - all devices work thru VPN, but AppleTV cannot connect to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc.

In all instances, Youtube works fine though the country changes depending on how it sees the VPN. *Ideally, I would like to setup Setting 1 where I only have select media devices (I'm aiming for 2 Apple TV and 1 Nvidia Shield) go to VPN while the rest of the devices go through normal internet connection. I've looked at the forums and it seems like this problem is common.

I've seen the recommendation to delete all Servers and Exceptions, then try again. I also read that I had to put the DNS manually in WAN page so that default internet works. *Both those*recommendations didn't work. Another suggestion was to downgrade to a specific firmware (3.0.0.4.384_20648) which doesn't exist on the site anymore. Please advise if I'm doing something wrong or if I have to wait for a firmware fix.
    Last edited by clueluzz; 04-19-2019 at 01:07 AM. Reason: fix title

New ROGer Array

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded to the latest firmware*Version 3.0.0.4.384.5979, which on the website says only "Fixed LED behavior". *Rebooted and now somehow my VPN fusion works exactly how I want it (aka Whole house is regular internet, select devices on VPN).

Hope you guys are able to as well.

New ROGer Array

Sorry guys, I jumped the gun too soon. *Once my devices rebooted, it went back to nothing can go into internet unless part of the Exception. Guess we have to wait until another firmware is released.