cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst RMA experience with PG348Q and C7H

dandan1108
Level 7
My monitor has started to fail with the original adapter, buzz sound from adapter and panel, more from the adapter. It also starts to flicker and has two that looks like water mark burn in at the bottom right corner and the USB port of monitor is failing. Thats how I know the monitor is started to fail and ask for RMA.

I was provided with shipping label to ship back the monitor however I was told not to use original box. So I use styrofoam around the monitor and TWO layer of box that purchased from fedex direct and ship it out to Norcal from where I live. Once they got it at Norcal, Asus emailed me saying that it is received at the wrong place and has to ship it back to Socal repair center which is like 10 minutes of where I live and extra 5 days is needed for extra shipping. 5 days later they received it and I waited one extra day to get an updated that they need to order parts for the repair and will take extra time. The next day they said my monitor has physical damage and want to charge me $1082.52 for repair which this monitor now cost only $800. Not only they were shipping my monitor to places which delay the process but also increase the chance of getting damage in transit. Now I am stuck with endless waiting without a working monitor. My RMA# is USDAK40350, and this is getting unacceptable.

The other case I have is USPCK40105 which is for my ROG crosshair vii hero wifi. Now if you search the forum, you will find a lot of people having problem with the Wifi, bluetooth, and the random power off which I experience with the board, already did a lot of research and troubleshoot prior of sending the board for RMA the first time. The board came back with BIOS update ONLY, which I was totally capable of doing it myself and done it many time. However, I gave it a shot and assemble it and immediately experience the same problem. Everyone goes throught more than one time to get C7H working right is killing my love with ROG. I have ROG monitor keyboard mouse, pretty much everything. I started using Asus board since LGA775 and right now having more than 5 asus motherboards such as R5E10, X99strix but this is the only board that I cant get it working right. It really forces me to look for a better company with better process of RMA or better quality check of their products.

I also have problem with ROG Aura terminal, aura is a crappy software, I know it, but I really just want to turn on and off with one program. So I bought the ROG terminal for my R5E10 6950x build, and the first 5 led of port 1 with the terminal will flash weirdly with Rainbow colors in Gradient. It is like over lapping signals to the first 5 LEDs, changing Led strip did not help. Contacted Asus support, they could not help me but ask me to get replacement from Amazon. Got the replacement from Amazon, it works fine for the first day, but started having the same issue the next day. pretty sure it is just driver issue at this point but have no idea how to reinstall a new copy of the driver. Already uninstal Aura and reinstall many times, also tried to remove the USB plug of the terminal.

I think I am gonna make a youtube video sharing the experince of rma to other especially the motherboard and the monitor. the service is really getting unacceptable and everyone should know before buying the product especially there are many cheaper alternative products.
7 REPLIES 7

dandan1108
Level 7
The C7H motherboard is going through 2nd RMA and I hope they either fix it or give me a replacement or product change to different motherboard.

Just update about my rma for the PG348Q, got a brand new replacement for my RMA which is good, no more flickering and buzz noise and it is brand new.

Still waiting to receive the replacement for C7H wifi as well, dont know how that one is gonna go.

Got the same model replacement of Crosshair vii hero wifi, same exact problem, did more research, it is the design flaw of the super I/O chip ITE IT8665E that will fail for any monitor software even Asus AI SUITE will crash the system due to the failure of the chip. Asus support asked me to RMA the board for the 3rd time and was not able to find me a solution before I send the board, the 2nd RMA of the board, still no communication from the repair center, they just do whatever they want nor they care to read what I have send them about my problem. I am not here to buy Asus product to test your product for you and find what is wrong with your product. I just need a working motherboard that does its job and not crashing. Asus support is the worst I ever seen so far, Not only they do not know about their own product but also not able to read what the problem is; they just want to reply whatever that hope you to shut up and not ask them questions.

So far, I am not able to confirm the motherboard that use the super I/O chip ITE IT8665E from the official but seems like all the ryzen line use the chip including x470 x370 b350 boards.

I also tried to asked the support about the front panel leds of strix helios so I can set up in Aura program but they just kept sending me picture of manual that does not have the answer, really treat me like an idiot who cant read the manual. If the manual has the answer, I would not have to ask in the first place.

It is been 3 weeks and no official in this forum is willing to help me here

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear about your issues with the C7H. Please contact me cl-justin@asus.com, so i can further investigate your case.

cljustin wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear about your issues with the C7H. Please contact me cl-justin@asus.com, so i can further investigate your case.

I had emailed you, please help me.

Blake1
Level 10
Test test