cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9650m GT Card Overheating-111*C! Help!

deadsculpter
Level 7
Now i dont know if 111*C is too hot for a video card but correct me if im wrong.
---I have a Asus C90s laptop, with a 9650m GT DDR2 Video Card that has always had an overheating problem. I have done quite abit of research with this card and have narrowed it down to possibly being a hardeware&cooling issue here(hoping no damage has happened). Ive tried using a cooling pad, no luck. I have tried undervolting the system with a result of a few degrees cooler while idling but as soon as i enter my game (counter strike for an example) this card just immediantly gets into the 90*C range and then reaches 111*C!!:mad:. I cant even play the game the video lag is insane. I've tried fixing this for over a year now and i just cannot find a solution.
The latest video driver from nvidia.com makes the video card wack out just by browsing the internet and idling, it causes display driver errors, so im currently running an old driver, 179.48, and i have no problems currently with it idling/surfing the web. I have thought about doing some kind of cooling mod to the laptop with a brass plate against the video card and touching the heatsink, would it help? I'm lost with this, any help is much appreciated, let me know if you need to know any other specs,

heres a picture with it idling;

And after Game Play;

1 REPLY 1

superteuteuch
Level 7
hi there, i see nobody answered....
well, am not a pro but 111* seems veeerry high and should normally cut off the card at this stage...thermal protection..
not how long do you have youre laptop?cos laptop do overheat due to the fact everything is so packed inside ..
did you open it?cos overtime dust builds up and blocks the fansof both the cpu and gpu wich are usually close to each other on a laptop. i had to open a couple of them in the past and you wouldnt believe the amount of **** trapped in there even after few month..
also if you do that you can try to replace the thermal paste
finally are you sure that the gpu fan is working corectly???