cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3 RAM issue

MADD0G
Level 7
Hi guys,

i'm new to the forum and came to post about a strange behaviour of my brand new Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3.

I purchased a kit of Kingstone HyperX Blu 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 DIMM --> http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/blu

Unfortunately i'm not able to run them dual channel at all... I already tried and managed to install Windows 7 by using only one stick in the A1 channel, setting XMP values directly in manual mode into the BIOS.

Yesterday i finished mounting the main board and all the other components in the case and i got again the debug code 45 (i was getting this when trying dual channel or single channel with JEDEC settings..) and the board won't even post.. :confused:

I'd appreciate any help or suggestion as i would'nt want to purchase different RAM at the moment. 😞

Thanks
MADD0G
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello my friend.

Please download memtest 4.2 (I use the USB version) and run memtest with each stick or ram individually.

Enable the XMP profile in BIOS for the test with each single stick.

Then if both sticks pass the test (2 full cycles) then test each slot one at a time and report back.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hello HiVizMan,

i'll try as soon as i get home and will report back here 😉

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers buddy.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thomas
Level 10
Hi,

Please make sure you are using the latest BIOS version from the following website: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_GENEZGEN3/

You can use our EZFlash tool found within the BIOS to do this.

Also make sure that both DRAM modules are inserted into the Red DIMM slots.

Let us know how you get on.
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Ok, the problem was a bad CPU, after the RMA with the new cpu everything is working flawlessy.

Great mobo, i'm off to try some overclocking. :cool:

Cheers
MADD0G

HiVizMan
Level 40
Really good to hear mate. Happy ROGing