cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751J Not Booting Properly

isopropyl
Level 7
A while ago I was using my G751J when Windows completely crashed and I had no choice but to force shutdown. When I pressed the power button the computer did not boot to Windows and instead opened the bios. If I were to guess Windows is probably corrupted because of the crash/force shutdown. I am not able to remove the drive from the computer for certain reasons. I've obviously tried using a bootable CD and USB but the boot options in the bios are locked. Is there anyway I can get around the bios?
7 REPLIES 7

mdzcpa
Level 12
isopropyl wrote:
A while ago I was using my G751J when Windows completely crashed and I had no choice but to force shutdown. When I pressed the power button the computer did not boot to Windows and instead opened the bios. If I were to guess Windows is probably corrupted because of the crash/force shutdown. I am not able to remove the drive from the computer for certain reasons. I've obviously tried using a bootable CD and USB but the boot options in the bios are locked. Is there anyway I can get around the bios?

I could be wrong, so do not take offense, but it sounds like you are trying to hack that laptop. The BIOS should allow you to change your boot priorities (all you need to do is add a boot option), unless someone locked the BIOS with a security password. In fact, boot to removable media is the default setting. So something is up here. Sounds like BIOS Admin Security has been set up.

mdzcpa wrote:
I could be wrong, so do not take offense, but it sounds like you are trying to hack that laptop. The BIOS should allow you to change your boot priorities (all you need to do is add a boot option), unless someone locked the BIOS with a security password. In fact, boot to removable media is the default setting. So something is up here. Sounds like BIOS Admin Security has been set up.

You are in fact wrong this computer was bought in retail and it is the way the bios is. The change boot priority option is not accessible nor is boot configuration. The bios is an American Megatrends 2.15.1236 from 2012. No one has ever changed bios settings and the bios does not even say any passwords have been setup.

xeromist
Have you tried resetting to default settings in the BIOS?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

It made no difference, it is the way the bios is setup.

It would be helpful if you could list your entire laptop model (G751JL, G751JM, G751JY, or G751JT).

I think you have the wrong BIOS for that model laptop.

Look on the ASUS Download page for G751J(?).
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

G751J is the entire model. 80186

You must identify the model of your ASUS G751J laptop. Look at the following forum post, it seems to be a common problem.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74831-Help-to-identify-my-exact-model-Number-G751J

What GPU is in your laptop?

What is your system serial number?

What version BIOS are you accessing?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server