cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura and RGB No Longer Working

DSplayer
Level 7
I just finished my first build and I got an ROG Maximus Hero X Hero (WiFi-AC) and an Aura compatible CoolerMaster ML240L. For the first hour or so the RGB were working fine and I installed the Aura software from the website. Then they all stuck to a static green and then after a restart, nothing at all. The RGB on the motherboard only works in sleep or when it's powered off. I’ve uninstalled reinstalled Aura multiple times but it now results in it saying “ASUS Aura has stopped working” and I’ve unplugged the power to the computer but nothing has worked. Can anyone help?
7 REPLIES 7

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
DSplayer wrote:
I just finished my first build and I got an ROG Maximus Hero X Hero (WiFi-AC) and an Aura compatible CoolerMaster ML240L. For the first hour or so the RGB were working fine and I installed the Aura software from the website. Then they all stuck to a static green and then after a restart, nothing at all. The RGB on the motherboard only works in sleep or when it's powered off. I’ve uninstalled reinstalled Aura multiple times but it now results in it saying “ASUS Aura has stopped working” and I’ve unplugged the power to the computer but nothing has worked. Can anyone help?

Not sure if its still needed, but post 1 of this thread has info on "aura cleaner." I have been meaning to upgrade to the latest version and I figure it will get all jacked up so I was doing my research first. Give these steps a try and report back? Im curious to see how it goes.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101543-SOFTWARE-AURA-Sync-RGB

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
Not sure if its still needed, but post 1 of this thread has info on "aura cleaner." I have been meaning to upgrade to the latest version and I figure it will get all jacked up so I was doing my research first. Give these steps a try and report back? Im curious to see how it goes.

That actually fixed my problem.

DSplayer wrote:
That actually fixed my problem.

Ah ok good to know it actually may work.

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:

Look I tried this and still not detecting my aura components. I got a Maximus XI Formula, RGB strips and a 1080ti Strix. I reinstalled, cleared multiple times, turn off completely the PC, and nothing is detected anymore. I am using the latest bios, drivers, updates and everything. This started to happen today after my LiveDash completely stopped working so I uninstalled everything and now nothing is working, completely broken. The LEDs itself are working, but the Aura SYNC is not. This is seriously pissing me off. All aura services are running (Asus COM, Asus HM Com, Lightning Service). I refused myself to reinstall Windows.

cajudoido wrote:
Look I tried this and still not detecting my aura components. I got a Maximus XI Formula, RGB strips and a 1080ti Strix. I reinstalled, cleared multiple times, turn off completely the PC, and nothing is detected anymore. I am using the latest bios, drivers, updates and everything. This started to happen today after my LiveDash completely stopped working so I uninstalled everything and now nothing is working, completely broken. The LEDs itself are working, but the Aura SYNC is not. This is seriously pissing me off. All aura services are running (Asus COM, Asus HM Com, Lightning Service). I refused myself to reinstall Windows.

I tried the revo and after check the option "show system components" I was able to uninstalled all Asus stuff. The Aura SYNC did returned to work, but not the LiveDash, still broken to me. The live dash only work the sensor information, not the gifs or images. I also fully shutdown the PC for more one hour.

cajudoido wrote:
I tried the revo and after check the option "show system components" I was able to uninstalled all Asus stuff. The Aura SYNC did returned to work, but not the LiveDash, still broken to me. The live dash only work the sensor information, not the gifs or images. I also fully shutdown the PC for more one hour.

Can you confirm which version of Live Dash?

1.04 working fine here with gifs and banners on Formula XI.

Can you try: Going to services and manually > Restart ASUS Com Server > Restart Lighting Service
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Barktoothx
Level 7
This fix for me!