cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ax88U connect to wifi

kahless
Level 7
I have an Ax88U and moving to an apartment that only allows wifi. How would I connect my Ax88U to the WiFi and then use cat6 from the router to share the internet? I figure the router will be much better at pulling in a wifi signal.
3 REPLIES 3

Amerifaxx
Level 7
My RT-AC88u works. If I remember correctly I just hooked up my cat 5 cable to the back of the router and into my computer. Then Windows 10 64bit Pro I turn on ethernet.
Bob

kahless
Level 7
Yes but how did you get the router to connect to the WiFi and route to your computer? I don't want to connect all of my computers to WiFi individually. Want to connect the router to WiFi then share the WiFi over Cat5 to the computers. Has to be a way to login to the WiFi on the router itself. Make sense?

Amerifaxx
Level 7
kahless wrote:
Ax88U - How would I connect my Ax88U to the WiFi and then use cat6 from the router to share the internet?

My Wi-Fi source is AT&T. AT&T furnishes me with a combination router modem.

I have a RT-AC88U which I use to connect my computer, Rampage 5 Extreme and my Canon Color Image Class MF733Cdw by ethernet, Cat6. I could've connected a couple more computers to the RT-AC88U but I didn't think was a necessary in my case.

1. I run a cat 6 cable from this AT&T modem to my RT-AC88U.
2. From my RT-AC88U I run a cat 6 cable to my tower, Rampage.
3. From my RT-AC88U I run a cat 6 cable to my Printer, MF733CDW.

I run all of my other devices from AT&T Wi-Fi. That includes Sonos Speakers, Samson speakers, Samson TV-QN65Q9FAMF, Echo-Dot, Alexa and a Sonos 1 (integrates with Google Alexa system. There's a couple more things on Wi-Fi but I think you get the idea.

All seems to be working very well. But if you ever heard of the expression blood sweat and tears this is what it was all about. I tried many different ways of doing this and after months I ended up where I'm at.
Bob