Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by Leoplate25 View Post
    At night, I unplug the cpu from the wall and the next day i plug it back in and it turns on, off and on again. I set vccio and sa voltages to 1.1v (my i5 is at stock settings) and the "issue" disappeared. I ran Prime95 Blend (lots of memory tested) and MemTest Free and have 0 issues, same with daily usage, games and browsing the web.

P.S.: I commented on the post you are referring to.
    P.S. 2: What happens if i put 2666mhz memory? Will the memory automaticaly run at 2666mhz? The motherboard support 2133/2400/2666 without OC and the i5 support 2666 ram natively. Does the ram depends on the jedec? Crucial Ballistix Sport Gray/White/Red have 3 jedec's at 1333 and one xmp at 1333 too.
    You should double check that setting your SA/IO voltages to 1.1v cured your double boot issue when power is lost to the motherboard. This would be the first report of this. Power loss require the M11 series of boards to cycle ONE time. If memory is not tuned, it may require a second boot cycle. So setting the right memory settings and SA/IO can reduce the number of boot cycles needed. I have never heard, however, that this will eliminate the reboot cycle completely.

Yes, if you set your ram to 2666, that is what it will run at. It overrides the XMP setting.

For example, I have 4200mhz. But I like an extra margin of stability so I set XMP, then adjust the timing to 4000mhz, and I also manually tune SA/IO to 1.215/1.1v respectively.

ROG Enthusiast Array Leoplate25 PC Specs
    Leoplate25 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus Hero XI WiFi
    Processori5-9600k
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C3000C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 Ti SC
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 840 240gb
    Storage #2Samsung EVO 860 1tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseThermaltake Versa H34
    Power SupplyBitFenix Whisper M 750w
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse ASUS Cerberus
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    You should double check that setting your SA/IO voltages to 1.1v cured your double boot issue when power is lost to the motherboard. This would be the first report of this. Power loss require the M11 series of boards to cycle ONE time. If memory is not tuned, it may require a second boot cycle. So setting the right memory settings and SA/IO can reduce the number of boot cycles needed. I have never heard, however, that this will eliminate the reboot cycle completely.

Yes, if you set your ram to 2666, that is what it will run at. It overrides the XMP setting.

For example, I have 4200mhz. But I like an extra margin of stability so I set XMP, then adjust the timing to 4000mhz, and I also manually tune SA/IO to 1.215/1.1v respectively.
    I doubled check that. I turn off the pc, unplug from the wall, wait a couple of minutes and voilá, issue solved. I'm running vccio and sa at 1.1v, ram at 3000mhz and i5 at stock settings, 2 or 3 days passed and the problem disappeared. In fact, i'm gonna turn off the pc now, unplug it from the wall, wait 5 minutes and turn it on again and see what happens. Do you think 1.1v is enough for my settings?

Leoplate25 PC Specs
    Processori5-9600k
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse ASUS Cerberus
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post

I did what i said and it cold booted fine. Don't know how or why, but it booted fine...

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

It's more important to check the memory is stable than be concerned with AC cycling...

Some folks seem to have strange priorities .

Leoplate25 PC Specs
    Processori5-9600k
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse ASUS Cerberus
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    It's more important to check the memory is stable than be concerned with AC cycling...

Some folks seem to have strange priorities .
    So far memory is stable. I don't know what is the problem of wanting to have only one ac cycle. You are not being nice at all.
    Last edited by Leoplate25; 04-25-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoplate25 View Post
    So far memory is stable. I don't know what is the problem of wanting to have only one ac cycle. You are not being nice at all.
    How have you tested the memory?

There isn't a problem, which is ironically the point - it should make no odds to the user if the board requires one AC cycle, as it takes a matter of seconds. Arbitrarily lowering signal voltage rails simply only to avoid these things is very peculiar indeed, but it's a free world

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    How have you tested the memory?

There isn't a problem, which is ironically the point - it should make no odds to the user if the board requires one AC cycle, as it takes a matter of seconds. Arbitrarily lowering signal voltage rails simply only to avoid these things is very peculiar indeed, but it's a free world
    Sir, the Intel specifications state that the default voltages are 0,95V for VCCIO and 1,05V for VCCSA on 8th and 9th generations processors. Also, having those 2-3 AC cycles each time the PC is booted after switching it off feels pretty weird somehow. I, for one, considered that an issue, like a lot of other people in this forum if you check the previous threads.

Most of us are overclockers, so it is not a big deal to change a BIOS setting if it makes our PC boot up faster and it is also stable. I verified my RAM stability in plenty of ways, from MemTest to gaming and benchmarks, and I can state that it is pretty stable, probably more than with the higher voltages that the BIOS automatically used before.

It feels like you don't like that this issue has a solution.
    Last edited by Kelutrel; 04-25-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelutrel View Post
    Sir, the Intel specifications state that the default voltages are 0,95V for VCCIO and 1,05V for VCCSA on 8th and 9th generations processors.
    This is for stock operation. The auto rules scale with frequency. I'm not sure you can quantify the behavior as "weird somehow". It's there because it is needed. It may have some impact on memory training by lowering these values, but it's fruitless if the system isn't stable.

It makes no sense to do so simply to avoid ac cycling if not testing for instability. Higher frequencies require more VCCSA voltage, so advising users to lower these values for these reasons is ,simply put, bad advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2