Asus ROG Strix B450-F heat problem

SleepY_DA
Level 7
Hi everyone,

i recently bought the following system:

- Asus ROG Strix B450-F
- Asus ROG Strix Vega 64
- 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (Cooler is a Alpenföhn Brocken3)
- Case is a Corsair 275R

I'm struggeling with some heat problems actually. When i install the vega 64 to the first pcie 16x slot the temperature of the chipset (PCH in AI Suite 3) rises up to 70°C after a few ours of Anno 1800.
When i install the card to the second pcie 16x port the Mainboard temperature rises up to ofer 78°C within the first 5 minutes.

The System do have 2 120mm fans in the front and one in the back - and ofcourse the CPU Fan and die GPU Fans.

I already used the Fan Expert Fan Calibration. I haven't overclocked something - i'm not that guy.

Does anyone else have the same problem or can tell me where the sensor for the Motherboard temperature is located or what i can do about the problem?
What kills me is the noise of the fans because they rise up to about 1000rpm.

btw. the CPU temperature will rise to about 51°C after a few ours.

Hope someone kan help me 🙂

Thanks and cheers!
1 REPLY 1

DMAN999
Level 9
I sounds like that GPU is blocking the airflow to the PCH.
I'd try adding an extra front fan and see if that helps.
I'd also check the voltages and make sure they are not too high.

I have that same MB with a Ryzen 5 2600 (3.9 GHZ OC @1.275 V) with an Arctic 33 Esports coler, 16 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 (running @ 3400 MHz @ 1.37V) and a 1660 Ti GPU in the top pci-e slot.
My PCH stays around 39-41C at idle and maxes out around 45C after gaming for a few hours.
But I have 2 front fans and a side panel fan as intakes and a rear fan and top fan as exhaust in my case.
My side panel fan blows almost directly at my PCH which I'm sure helps a lot.