cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus gtx 1070 strix external fan pins extremely underpowered?

Leeta
Level 7
I have added a few fans to my rig and as such I have had to use fan headers on the GPU to make everything fit. Unfortunately the RPM on fans seems extremely low compared what they can achieve through motherboard headers. Is there any way to fix this? I have external fans set to 100% already in gpu tweak. I have a low 800 rpm fan and a high 3000 rpm fan added to headers and neither comes close to rated RPM on fans. I have tested both individually and to me the 800rpm fan seems to hit below half of what its rated for.
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Please, can you list system specifications, as well as both make and model of the fans connected to the GPU Ext headers?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hello,

Please, can you list system specifications, as well as both make and model of the fans connected to the GPU Ext headers?

Fractal Design FD-FAN-120 - rated for 1000 RPM +-10%, struggles to hit half of what its rated for. 3pin fan.

AMD Wraith Fan only, rated for 3000 RPM +-10%, I think this hits around a third of rated RPM. On motherboard I have hit around 3000 RPM max. PWM 4 pin fan.

Both fans tested individually as well incase its a problem of power delivery or multi fan control.

Ryzen 2600@4.2ghz
16 gig ram, 3333mhz
GTX 1070 Strix OC
Asus Strix x470-f
Corsair Hx650 PSU
Phanteks p600s
Windows 10