cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ErP Settings/ power cycle issue on boot up

Bamboozle
Level 7
Hey all, new here in the forums. I recently had some upgrades done on my PC. I have a I9 9900k on my ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme. I am using a Corsair AX1200I PSU.

The question I have is about the ErP settings. There are 3 settings, disabled, (S4+S5) Enabled or (S5) Enabled.

Stock it came as (S4+S5) Enabled. With this setting all system power shuts down, no LEDs, RGBs or power to the USB. This is how i want it set. But, when this is set this way every time I power on my PC it power cycles. It starts, lights come on, post code for literally 1 second, shuts off for about 2 seconds and restarts booting into windows normal. This is on every start up.

When i change the ErP to Disabled or (S5) Enabled I will either have both the RGB lighting and the displayed LCD screen on the board on or just the LCD screen on when the PC is powered off and the USB's still receive power.

When (S4+S5) Enabled is on is this normal for the PC to power cycle like described above on every start up or is this harmful to the CPU or components? With S5 or Disabled activated i get continuous power trickling to the board which I do not want, but I also don't want my PC to power cycle on every start up if its possibly harmful. Any help would be appreciated.

The PSU that I am using I do not believe is ErP ready/ capable with the info I could find. So i do not know if this is a reason for the power cycle happening when (S4+S5) is Enabled.
1 REPLY 1

rashood997
Level 7
Hello I have the same issue when I set erp ready to enable (s4+s5) it happens this issue I press the power button to turn on the PC it turns everything on for a second then everything off for 5 seconds then on again and boot(double boot) did you find any solution of this issue? Please help thank you.