New ROGer Array

G75VW replaced GPU and wont boot

G75VW 670m GPU fried and i replaced it with the same part # GPU. The keyboard and indicators light up, Hard drive makes a noise with intel/ROG on screen, but shuts off right away, fans dont turn on. any advice?
    Last edited by XGamer12; 04-23-2019 at 06:28 AM.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1GTX980
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

I would go back and reseat the card, check for loose connectors, pinched wires, etc. Anything you touched during disassembly should be double checked. If everything is solid you may have a faulty motherboard or your seller may have sold you a bum GPU.

Also note that if you just replaced it with the same model of GPU and not a GPU from a G75VW there might be a firmware difference that would make it incompatible. Even if the hardware is the same there are differences between manufacturers at the firmware level. Unfortunately without a working machine there's no way to flash another firmware onto the card.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

Thank you. I will disassemble again, reseed and check over again. I will post an update.

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    I would go back and reseat the card, check for loose connectors, pinched wires, etc. Anything you touched during disassembly should be double checked. If everything is solid you may have a faulty motherboard or your seller may have sold you a bum GPU.

Also note that if you just replaced it with the same model of GPU and not a GPU from a G75VW there might be a firmware difference that would make it incompatible. Even if the hardware is the same there are differences between manufacturers at the firmware level. Unfortunately without a working machine there's no way to flash another firmware onto the card.

New ROGer Array

toying with it some more today and i popped up the keyboard and armrest. The power cable completely removed from the motherboard and the keyboard. i didnt know that it could unhook from the keyboard aswell.. well i reconnected them and starting the laptop it booted and went to windows!! i guess this could be one thing to check aswell for those having boot problems..

update: upon closer look the cable between the power button and motherboard has split and doesnt have good contact. ordering a new power/mb cord.

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post

Last edited by XGamer12; 04-25-2019 at 03:52 AM.