cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Xonar Essence STX driver support dead?

ffletchs
Level 10
What is the status of Asus Xonar Essence STX driver support? is it dead? the latest driver on the support page is dated 2015/09/06 for Win10 x64, https://www.asus.com/us/Essence-Hi-Fi-Audio/Xonar_Essence_STX/HelpDesk_Download/

The driver works but occasionally gives me BSOD when waking the computer from sleep, was looking for an updated driver

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.0GHz * Nvidia GTX 2080 Ti * Asus Maximus IX Hero * 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @3333MHz
CaseLabs T10 * Corsair HX 1200i * LG 34GK950F @144Hz(34" 21:9) * Windows 10 Ent x64
5 REPLIES 5

carvedinside
Level 7
It seems official support for the Xonar cards has been quietly ended. Regardless, you could let ASUS support know of the problem you are having.

You should check UNi Xonar drivers as they may help fix the issue. I recommend you try with different versions v1.81a, v1.80a, v1.71.1. While v1.71.1 help others with the same issue, it might not work with the STX II card. You can let me know of the results here or on UNi Xonar driver page.

carvedinside wrote:
It seems official support for the Xonar cards has been quietly ended. Regardless, you could let ASUS support know of the problem you are having.

You should check UNi Xonar drivers as they may help fix the issue. I recommend you try with different versions v1.81a, v1.80a, v1.71.1. While v1.71.1 help others with the same issue, it might not work with the STX II card. You can let me know of the results here or on UNi Xonar driver page.

ok thats sad, makes me really hesitant to buy future ASUS products...
I really like the Xonar Essence STX, much better sound than onboard soundcard gives me.

do you know if you need to disable driver signature in Win10 do use Uni?

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.0GHz * Nvidia GTX 2080 Ti * Asus Maximus IX Hero * 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @3333MHz
CaseLabs T10 * Corsair HX 1200i * LG 34GK950F @144Hz(34" 21:9) * Windows 10 Ent x64

Yes. For STX II cards and UNi Xonar drivers that do not end with "b" you need to install the drivers with Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option.

After the Windows 10 updates my Asus Strix sound card i have, doesnt even detect in device manager anymore. So cant install drivers at all, unless i reinstall windows 10 to factory settings, then the card detects. Weird issue anyway.

Yep, I have STX too, and the issue started way back, probably in 2018 or 19. Sometimes my PC just freezes and BSOD pops up, other times it does not wake up from sleep and goes into BSOD, Kernel Power issue related to STX drivers. So did you even install those custom drivers? I really miss the sound from STX =(