cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog zephyrus s gx701 external camera

iSaMuRai689
Level 7
Hello gents and ladies. I am new to the forums also a new owner of a beast rog zephyrus s gx701. I have one problem though. My Zephyruses external camera has horizontal lines on it when I am skype chatting with someone and then freezes after some time. I have tried to download and install the files from support section but it didn't do anything. Now I am without any more ideas to how to fix this issue. rog zephyrus s gx701 on other hand is so beautiful I have no complaints, I cant complain its just too beautiful of a machine.
3 REPLIES 3

Lt_Condition
Level 7
I'm having the exact same problem with the camera. Audio seems largely fine but the video is the same as the user above described. Anyone else seen this behavior?

Same issues from me with my GX701-GWR just purchased last month. The green flickering lines are constant and also appear when trying to use video in Discord. Not sure how to proceed...

Hi I had the same issue as you guys with the horrible horizontal lines but would only show up during Skype and not the camera app. Well I went to ASUS product page and found the webcam which is called ROG Eye. I downloaded the most recent firmware update and it works just fine now and actually looks like its better quality! Hope this helps.
Here's a link to the drivers for the ROG Eye: https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Eye/HelpDesk_Download/