cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!! GL502VY Windows won't boot after bios update

kelemedi
Level 7
I just updated the bios on my GL502-DS74 (6700hq + 980m) notebook and now the laptop just boots into the bios only. It can't find the ssd to boot windows 10. I tried to update the bios using the winflash utility on the same asus support page from where I got the bios from:
https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-STRIX-GL502VY/HelpDesk_Download/

I updated to bios 300 and previously I had bios 203. The easy flash utility in the bios won't let me install an older version again so I'm stuck. I have no idea on what to do and I'm not too tech savvy. Now the new bios cannot detect my os which is on my ssd. How do I get it to recognize the os on my ssd?? Or alternatively, how do I revert to an older version?

Please Help me 😞
4 REPLIES 4

kelemedi
Level 7
To add, when I go into the ez flash menu, i can see the directories and files on my ssd and hdd. However, on the boot options, there is no OS shown. For some reason, my os isn't recognized.

kelemedi wrote:
To add, when I go into the ez flash menu, i can see the directories and files on my ssd and hdd. However, on the boot options, there is no OS shown. For some reason, my os isn't recognized.

Try reset bios to defaults, in some cases it helps.

kelemedi
Level 7
I have tried the restore defaults option. Nothing changed.

McPcholkin
Level 7
Do you try run any LiveUSB ? (ubuntu or windows PE)