Storage #1Intel 900P
    Storage #24TB Raid 10
    CPU CoolerCustom Water
    Power SupplyAX1500i
    Keyboard Ducky
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset Ultimate Ears Custom IEMs
    OS Win 10/Win7 Pro

Assume a 50mV voltage swing in both scenarios you show with LLC 5 and LLC6 keeping in mind that idle voltage is... well, idle. LOad voltage and load current/amps is what matters. Load line compensation is there to "compensate for" (not dampen) transient over- and under-shoot (micro sec scale event) ... called V_ovs in Intel's spec sheet. It's a property of changing the current flow (= load) on a voltage clamped circuit (vcore, vccin etc - source lines where LLC is implemented). Abruptly change the current flow and ya get a voltage swing (oscillation) on a voltage clamped line. For extreme overclockers, undershoot is the issue, eg, the benchmark fails right at the (freakin) end... from undershoot. MOdern VRM are much better at dealing with this effect, but frankly there is no getting around the basic physics absent adding more components into the circuit. In the (old) diagrams below, "Offset" is what we now call "vdroop".
    For 24/7 overclockers it is best to deal with the overshoot aspect, hopefully mitigating the degradation these transient overvoltage events cause. So, without earning an EE for the"why", just permit a healthy amount of vdroop. Your chip will thank you. Vdroop is a good thing.
    As for idle voltage... voltage is a potential is does no work on its own, it is the potential that current/amps flows at (think of the steepness of a hill). Current kills... just ask Thomas Edison vs Nicolai Tesla.
    my 2 cents.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VCCIN V_ovs.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	80291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transient_no_vdroop.jpg 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	80292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transient_no_vdroop_no_offset.jpg 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	80293
    Last edited by jpmboy; 05-03-2019 at 01:15 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array joppiano PC Specs
    joppiano PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z390-F
    Processori7-9700K @ 5.0GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3000MHz 16GB (2x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix 2070
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG258Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB - M.2 Card
    Storage #2Toshiba P300 3.5´´ 2TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X72
    CaseNZXT H700i Window Black
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750x

Quote Originally Posted by jpmboy View Post
    Assume a 50mV voltage swing in both scenarios you show with LLC 5 and LLC 6 keeping in mind that idle voltage is... well, idle. LOad voltage and load current/amps is what matters.
    For 24/7 overclockers it is best to deal with the overshoot aspect, hopefully mitigating the degradation these transient overvoltage events cause.
    So to understand this load current/amps thing.

If running a manual fixed voltage at 1.350v, when it's idling there is no current/amps, therefor it doesn't really matter. But when under load there is current/amps and that is what matters. Yea?

So in overall, you strongly suggest using a LLC which will give me a vdroop ? Which in my case is LLC 5. LLC 4 will provide bigger vdroop and LLC 6 will provide a voltage overshoot.

E.g. running adaptive 1.320v, offset -0.053v, LLC 6, as i do now, gives me a max vcore of 1.350v(rarely goes to 1.368v) under load.

If I choose LLC 5, I have to set my vcore to around 1.350v and that would put my vcore at around 1.323-1.341v under load.

Sorry for this, it's really hard to understand this subject completely xD

conf

Hi, what is the last stable config ? could you please share it ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3