Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz 128 GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus NVIDIA GeForce 2080 RTX Turbo (Blower type)
    Graphics Card #2Asus NVIDIA GeForce 2080 RTX Turbo (Blower type)
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 6
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot)

Here is another link: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...-gtx-1070-sli/

There is a guy there who has no problems. Here is what he says: "I run a 750w 80+ gold psu in my 1070 sli rig its perfectly fine."
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 04-30-2019 at 03:58 PM.

New ROGer Array

Just to be clear ,the card im running is called an asus dual gtx 1070 og8 , dual in this case for two fans on the one card (i think) . Its NOT two cards in sli

New ROGer Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz 128 GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus NVIDIA GeForce 2080 RTX Turbo (Blower type)
    Graphics Card #2Asus NVIDIA GeForce 2080 RTX Turbo (Blower type)
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 6
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot)

Quote Originally Posted by tkobo View Post
    Just to be clear ,the card im running is called an asus dual gtx 1070 og8 , dual in this case for two fans on the one card (i think) . Its NOT two cards in sli
    Oh, right. Dual fans, not cards. I see. :O Hence it's not likely you would need 850 watts. That said, when I built my first computer I got extra power just in case I wanted to add stuff, like a second GPU or a more powerful one (and also to allow me to rule out power issues ever being a problem). In the end I ditched my first GPU when my rig woudn't work at all and then I got first one 1070 and then a second one and was glad my rig didn't need a new PSU at that point.

Getting back to fixing your machine: In the past I have looked at the logs to see if I could garner any info on what was happening--specifically why my computer was crashing. I would copy from the logs, like "Fatal errors" and such and Google stuff madly. When my GPU was giving me trouble though, the motherboard was beeping and the beep codes indicated it was in fact the GPU that was the problem. I once ran memory tests, etc., and couldn't figure out much at all. I also had a laptop that crashed all the time and when I put in new RAM with more capacity, my machine then worked like a charm. Sometimes forums relevant to the game you are playing that crashes your system is where you can get good info.

Dust is another thing that has caused my machines to crash and even shut down altogether. If your machine heats up, there could be a lot of dust in your heat sinks, for example. And then there is software. Maybe something needs an update. I use all kinds of things for updates and check daily--Windows Update, Intel Driver and Support assistant (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...assistant.html), GeForce Experience, and my security software updater for itself, and for my system.

You could look at this kind of thing too. This applies not only to Blizzard games. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/23848

You might also use MSI Afterburner to see what is going on. It's very handy. Here is a tutorial video on setting it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfU3WdWS_00
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 05-02-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2