cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Pads GL703 VM

vanatoru_bogdan
Level 7
I want to change the heat-conducting paste and change it thermal pads.I do not know what thickness I need.Do you have any quality recommendations?
3 REPLIES 3

TX2000
Level 8

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Just use something like K5-pro instead of high performance thermal pads. Otherwise you're gonna dump a lot of unwanted heat into the already saturated heat pipes/heat sinks. VRM's don't need as much cooling like the cpu and gpu. They're rated to around 120C and it's very unlikely that they're heating up to anything even close to that. If you're not running into power throttling due to VRM overheating, don't try to "fix" it because it's fine the way it is.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Just use something like K5-pro instead of high performance thermal pads. Otherwise you're gonna dump a lot of unwanted heat into the already saturated heat pipes/heat sinks. VRM's don't need as much cooling like the cpu and gpu. They're rated to around 120C and it's very unlikely that they're heating up to anything even close to that. If you're not running into power throttling due to VRM overheating, don't try to "fix" it because it's fine the way it is.

should i replace the pads with that? is it worth the hassle?