cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) not showing on ASUS Aura software

R3N3G4D3
Level 7
Hey guys,

I recently had purchased the ASUS Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) with an intel core i9 proc - and I'm trying to get ASUS Aura working so I can control the RGB lights on the mobo. When I launch the software, the only option it gives me on the top is 'DRAM' for my G.Skill memory - but motherboard is not showing up.

I tried screwing around with some of the settings in the BIOs to get it to work, but must not be hitting the proper switches. Anyone had this XP before, and any indication on how to resolve?

I am also running latest BIOs revision for this mobo (0805, I believe...)

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

mdzcpa
Level 12
Have you clicked the refresh button in Aura? It finds new hardware. Its the circular arrow button

mdzcpa wrote:
Have you clicked the refresh button in Aura? It finds new hardware. Its the circular arrow button

Yes, have tried this a couple times.

Try an older version of Aura, the latest doesn't work on my Z390-E.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
Try an older version of Aura, the latest doesn't work on my Z390-E.

Cool, I'll give that a try.

SinisterDev85
Level 11
I actually just noticed the same problem yesterday. Finally got some free time to see if i can get all my RGB stuff playing nicely together. I've got a Corsair 500D SE RGB case with 9 rgb fans, strips, G. Skill rgb ram, a 20 series Strix gpu. Most of the rgb is running through the Commander Pro, not my Hero XI mobo.
I was reading an article in the Corsair forums about how to get the iCue software to work with Asus Aura, which lead me to messing around in Aura software and I noticed my Mobo won't show up either. My ram and Gpu shows up, but not the Hero.
I checked for updates. Everything is up to date. Tried refreshing. No luck.
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro