Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array Cappycot PC Specs
    Cappycot PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG Strix GL702VSK
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8 GB 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 O8G
    Graphics Card #2These Strix cards are too thicc.
    MonitorDell S2417DG
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB SSD
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG Ryujin 240mm AIO
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Corsair Gaming VOID PRO RGB USB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z313
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Cappycot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Lightbulb Thoughts on the Current Aura (1.07.57) and LiveDash (1.05.02) Issues

    Let me preface this with the relevant parts I'm using in my build (also shown in my PC specs, yes this is an odd build I know):

    • Asus ROG Ryujin AIO (rad size is irrelevant, this likely applies to Ryuo AIOs too)
    • Trident Z RGB (all 4 slots)
    • Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula (LiveDash OLED)
    • Asus ROG Strix RTX GPU (should be applicable for any caliber)


    What I've found about Aura 1.07.57 (and also LiveDash 1.05.02) is that the LightingService seems to improperly start up upon boot, which leads to the following:

    • Trying to open Aura (1.07.57) will lead to the program not responding after a notable wait.
    • Trying to use LiveDash (1.05.02) will say "Asus device no found !!" or something of that sort.
    • I also notice my Trident Z RGB sticks doing the default hardware rainbow lights rather than my Aura profile.


    There are two temporary potential solutions to Aura not responding (and LiveDash not finding devices), though this may not solve this particular problem for everyone:

    • Try restarting your computer. This may or may not solve the problem, but it has for me at least once when starting from a shutdown.
    • Restart the Asus LightingService: Go to Task Manager --> Services and find "LightingService". Right-click it and select "Restart".
    • Try opening Aura/LiveDash again. It might take a bit before the window appears but it should work.


    I've found that the latter seems to work consistently for me, but you would have to restart LightingService every time the computer boots into Windows. I really hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later. (Asus please... can you for at least a quarter of a year stop pushing weird exotic items like the Matrix and Helios and look at your software?)

    Now onto the LiveDash issues - even with LightingService restarted and LiveDash successfully finding both the Formula and Ryujin OLEDs, I can't change the Formula OLED to a gif (regardless of whether it is predefined or custom).

    The current solution (if you happen to have both OLED parts) to this is to first apply whatever gif animation you want to the Formula (it will not show up at that moment), then go to the AIO Cooler and use the default button to and select yes to setting the AIO to defaults. You will have to change the AIO settings back to whatever you wanted but the Formula OLED will change to the gif you set.

    I really hope this somehow helps someone though I have my doubts.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    78

    Quote Originally Posted by Cappycot View Post
    Let me preface this with the relevant parts I'm using in my build (also shown in my PC specs, yes this is an odd build I know):

    • Asus ROG Ryujin AIO (rad size is irrelevant, this likely applies to Ryuo AIOs too)
    • Trident Z RGB (all 4 slots)
    • Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula (LiveDash OLED)
    • Asus ROG Strix RTX GPU (should be applicable for any caliber)


    What I've found about Aura 1.07.57 (and also LiveDash 1.05.02) is that the LightingService seems to improperly start up upon boot, which leads to the following:

    • Trying to open Aura (1.07.57) will lead to the program not responding after a notable wait.
    • Trying to use LiveDash (1.05.02) will say "Asus device no found !!" or something of that sort.
    • I also notice my Trident Z RGB sticks doing the default hardware rainbow lights rather than my Aura profile.


    There are two temporary potential solutions to Aura not responding (and LiveDash not finding devices), though this may not solve this particular problem for everyone:

    • Try restarting your computer. This may or may not solve the problem, but it has for me at least once when starting from a shutdown.
    • Restart the Asus LightingService: Go to Task Manager --> Services and find "LightingService". Right-click it and select "Restart".
    • Try opening Aura/LiveDash again. It might take a bit before the window appears but it should work.


    I've found that the latter seems to work consistently for me, but you would have to restart LightingService every time the computer boots into Windows. I really hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later. (Asus please... can you for at least a quarter of a year stop pushing weird exotic items like the Matrix and Helios and look at your software?)

    Now onto the LiveDash issues - even with LightingService restarted and LiveDash successfully finding both the Formula and Ryujin OLEDs, I can't change the Formula OLED to a gif (regardless of whether it is predefined or custom).

    The current solution (if you happen to have both OLED parts) to this is to first apply whatever gif animation you want to the Formula (it will not show up at that moment), then go to the AIO Cooler and use the default button to and select yes to setting the AIO to defaults. You will have to change the AIO settings back to whatever you wanted but the Formula OLED will change to the gif you set.

    I really hope this somehow helps someone though I have my doubts.
    i got the same Problems.. ist like the Software is working randomly. if LiveDash works it Needs like 10 min to appear.

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array nxtlevel_tv PC Specs
    nxtlevel_tv PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2700x
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080ti OC Gaming Black
    MonitorASUS ROG STRIX PG279Q
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RYUO 240
    CaseCorsair carbide air 540
    Power SupplybeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Same here! Installed the newer version with valid software cert. LiveDash didn't start.. just nothing happens

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array joppiano PC Specs
    joppiano PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z390-F
    Processori7-9700K @ 5.0GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3000MHz 16GB (2x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix 2070
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG258Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB - M.2 Card
    Storage #2Toshiba P300 3.5´´ 2TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X72
    CaseNZXT H700i Window Black
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750x

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    Aura is SO annoying to use. It's frustrating.

    I really don't understand why this issue isnt fixed yet. It works flawless when you JUST installed it. But after messing with it for a few minutes, then it starts hanging a lot, not responding, and in the end crashing. And to fix this, you need to uninstall the application, and reinstall it once again.

    Besides that, everytime you use anything BUT static rgb, Lightingservice.exe uses extremely high CPU resources.
    This is the ONLY software I have issues with when it comes to RGB.

    ASUS - Please fix this

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kshafe777 PC Specs
    kshafe777 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XI Formula
    Processor9900k
    Memory (part number)Trident Z RGB 64 GB 3600 speed
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 OC
    Graphics Card #2EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 OC
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB
    CPU CoolerHeatkiller nickel
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard G.Skill KM780 RGB Cherry Mx
    Mouse Roccat LEADR
    Headset AKG K7XX
    Headset/Speakers Razer Nomo Pro
    OS 10 pro
    Network RouterRaptor
    kshafe777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    179

    My thoughts and resolution: Asus software is garbage. and their "customer support" ( if you want to call it that.. ) is even worse. How I solved the problem was this; took Max XI Extreme out of case, repackaged Max XI Extreme, returned to Amazon. Purchased Aorus Xtreme. installed Aorus Extreme. everything works. no problems. the bios isn't quite the same, but it works fine and is nicer than the gigabyte bios used to be. so, now I am happy.

    on my Max XI Formula machine, I uninstalled ALL Asus software. switched my ram from G.Skill to Corsair and control that via iCue. unhooked RGB from MB and turned off Aura in bios. Purchased corsair to rgb adapters and run all strips off Lighting node pro.

    Asus needs to do two things. 1) actually offer something resembling customer service. ( doubt this will happen. )
    2) drop their software team, hire a new software team, trash current software, write something that works. ( ok, maybe that's more than two.. )

    moral of the story, maybe buy products from a different company. I have started switching. EVGA has amazing customer service. Aorus ( gigabyte ) hopefully does, but It can't be worse than Asus.
    Last edited by kshafe777; 05-02-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    "Better to try and Fail, then not try at all" ~ Michael Jordan
    favorite YouTuber - KDSTech - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz0...iWiBx3v6CNR3yw

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by joppiano View Post
    Besides that, everytime you use anything BUT static rgb, Lightingservice.exe uses extremely high CPU resources.
    ASUS - Please fix this
    I confirm!

    In idle after starting the PC, everything is fine. But it is worth running, for example, the Google Chrome browser, as the LightningService.exe process starts loading the CPU by 1.4-1.7%. If you run some kind of game demanding to the CPU. As a process, LightningService.exe loads the CPU up to 10.9%. Not only does it raise the CPU temperature by 5-7 degrees when you play, so also AURA stops working at all.

    And these are already several versions of ASUS AURA Sync, but ASUS does nothing with it. It is very frustrating.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array g_rowell PC Specs
    g_rowell PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Motherboard
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #3ASUS ROG SLI HB Bridge - 3 Slot
    Sound CardROG Strix Magnus
    MonitorASUS ROG PG278Q x 2
    Storage #1Team T-Force Delta RGB 2.5in SATA SSD 250GB Black x 2
    Storage #2Western Digital WD Black 2TB x2
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RYUJIN 240
    CaseIN WIN 805i Infinity ROG certified Case
    Power SupplyASUS ROG-THOR-1200P
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Flare Mechanical RGB Keyboard - Cherry Red
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha RGB Wireless
    Headset ASUS ROG Strix Fusion 700 Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Balteus Qi
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A2+ , Audioengine S8 & Audioengine D1
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 x2
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal
    Accessory #2 Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD x2
    Accessory #3 ASUS PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless AC1900
    g_rowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    33

    exactly the Same Problems i'm Having the fix above works but come on ASUS fix this ASAP

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array nxtlevel_tv PC Specs
    nxtlevel_tv PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2700x
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080ti OC Gaming Black
    MonitorASUS ROG STRIX PG279Q
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RYUO 240
    CaseCorsair carbide air 540
    Power SupplybeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Cappycot View Post
    Let me preface this with the relevant parts I'm using in my build (also shown in my PC specs, yes this is an odd build I know):

    • Asus ROG Ryujin AIO (rad size is irrelevant, this likely applies to Ryuo AIOs too)
    • Trident Z RGB (all 4 slots)
    • Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula (LiveDash OLED)
    • Asus ROG Strix RTX GPU (should be applicable for any caliber)


    What I've found about Aura 1.07.57 (and also LiveDash 1.05.02) is that the LightingService seems to improperly start up upon boot, which leads to the following:

    • Trying to open Aura (1.07.57) will lead to the program not responding after a notable wait.
    • Trying to use LiveDash (1.05.02) will say "Asus device no found !!" or something of that sort.
    • I also notice my Trident Z RGB sticks doing the default hardware rainbow lights rather than my Aura profile.


    There are two temporary potential solutions to Aura not responding (and LiveDash not finding devices), though this may not solve this particular problem for everyone:

    • Try restarting your computer. This may or may not solve the problem, but it has for me at least once when starting from a shutdown.
    • Restart the Asus LightingService: Go to Task Manager --> Services and find "LightingService". Right-click it and select "Restart".
    • Try opening Aura/LiveDash again. It might take a bit before the window appears but it should work.


    I've found that the latter seems to work consistently for me, but you would have to restart LightingService every time the computer boots into Windows. I really hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later. (Asus please... can you for at least a quarter of a year stop pushing weird exotic items like the Matrix and Helios and look at your software?)

    Now onto the LiveDash issues - even with LightingService restarted and LiveDash successfully finding both the Formula and Ryujin OLEDs, I can't change the Formula OLED to a gif (regardless of whether it is predefined or custom).

    The current solution (if you happen to have both OLED parts) to this is to first apply whatever gif animation you want to the Formula (it will not show up at that moment), then go to the AIO Cooler and use the default button to and select yes to setting the AIO to defaults. You will have to change the AIO settings back to whatever you wanted but the Formula OLED will change to the gif you set.

    I really hope this somehow helps someone though I have my doubts.

    Thx for this! This helped me to get all that stuff running again.
    Hopefully all the settings are still there after restarting my system.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array Cappycot PC Specs
    Cappycot PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG Strix GL702VSK
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8 GB 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 O8G
    Graphics Card #2These Strix cards are too thicc.
    MonitorDell S2417DG
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB SSD
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG Ryujin 240mm AIO
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Corsair Gaming VOID PRO RGB USB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z313
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Cappycot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by nxtlevel_tv View Post
    Thx for this! This helped me to get all that stuff running again.
    Hopefully all the settings are still there after restarting my system.
    I really hope I'm wrong with your case, but I think you would have to manually restart LightingService every time you start your computer back up.

    Maybe I can figure out how to write some script that does the job for us on startup...

  10. #10
    ROG Enthusiast Array g_rowell PC Specs
    g_rowell PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Motherboard
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #3ASUS ROG SLI HB Bridge - 3 Slot
    Sound CardROG Strix Magnus
    MonitorASUS ROG PG278Q x 2
    Storage #1Team T-Force Delta RGB 2.5in SATA SSD 250GB Black x 2
    Storage #2Western Digital WD Black 2TB x2
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RYUJIN 240
    CaseIN WIN 805i Infinity ROG certified Case
    Power SupplyASUS ROG-THOR-1200P
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Flare Mechanical RGB Keyboard - Cherry Red
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha RGB Wireless
    Headset ASUS ROG Strix Fusion 700 Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Balteus Qi
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A2+ , Audioengine S8 & Audioengine D1
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 x2
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal
    Accessory #2 Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD x2
    Accessory #3 ASUS PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless AC1900
    g_rowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Cappycot View Post
    I really hope I'm wrong with your case, but I think you would have to manually restart LightingService every time you start your computer back up.

    Maybe I can figure out how to write some script that does the job for us on startup...
    Hi Cappycot
    as yet since doing this once i have yet to have problem again, but at least i know how to resolve it, if it does it again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •