cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on the Current Aura (1.07.57) and LiveDash (1.05.02) Issues

Cappycot
Level 7
Let me preface this with the relevant parts I'm using in my build (also shown in my PC specs, yes this is an odd build I know):

• Asus ROG Ryujin AIO (rad size is irrelevant, this likely applies to Ryuo AIOs too)
  • Trident Z RGB (all 4 slots)
  • Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula (LiveDash OLED)
  • Asus ROG Strix RTX GPU (should be applicable for any caliber)

What I've found about Aura 1.07.57 (and also LiveDash 1.05.02) is that the LightingService seems to improperly start up upon boot, which leads to the following:

• Trying to open Aura (1.07.57) will lead to the program not responding after a notable wait.
  • Trying to use LiveDash (1.05.02) will say "Asus device no found !!" or something of that sort.
  • I also notice my Trident Z RGB sticks doing the default hardware rainbow lights rather than my Aura profile.

There are two temporary potential solutions to Aura not responding (and LiveDash not finding devices), though this may not solve this particular problem for everyone:

• Try restarting your computer. This may or may not solve the problem, but it has for me at least once when starting from a shutdown.
  • Restart the Asus LightingService: Go to Task Manager --> Services and find "LightingService". Right-click it and select "Restart".
  • Try opening Aura/LiveDash again. It might take a bit before the window appears but it should work.

I've found that the latter seems to work consistently for me, but you would have to restart LightingService every time the computer boots into Windows. I really hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later. (Asus please... can you for at least a quarter of a year stop pushing weird exotic items like the Matrix and Helios and look at your software?)

Now onto the LiveDash issues - even with LightingService restarted and LiveDash successfully finding both the Formula and Ryujin OLEDs, I can't change the Formula OLED to a gif (regardless of whether it is predefined or custom).

The current solution (if you happen to have both OLED parts) to this is to first apply whatever gif animation you want to the Formula (it will not show up at that moment), then go to the AIO Cooler and use the default button to and select yes to setting the AIO to defaults. You will have to change the AIO settings back to whatever you wanted but the Formula OLED will change to the gif you set.

I really hope this somehow helps someone though I have my doubts.
The Vicious Cycle of the Armoury Crate:

• Select a device to change its settings.
  • "Required to do device update to continue"
  • Check for device updates.
  • No new updates found.
  • Go back to step 1.
13 REPLIES 13

Re
Level 10
Cappycot wrote:
Let me preface this with the relevant parts I'm using in my build (also shown in my PC specs, yes this is an odd build I know):

• Asus ROG Ryujin AIO (rad size is irrelevant, this likely applies to Ryuo AIOs too)

What I've found about Aura 1.07.57 (and also LiveDash 1.05.02) is that the LightingService seems to improperly start up upon boot, which leads to the following:

• Trying to open Aura (1.07.57) will lead to the program not responding after a notable wait.
  • Trying to use LiveDash (1.05.02) will say "Asus device no found !!" or something of that sort.
  • I also notice my Trident Z RGB sticks doing the default hardware rainbow lights rather than my Aura profile.

There are two temporary potential solutions to Aura not responding (and LiveDash not finding devices), though this may not solve this particular problem for everyone:

• Try restarting your computer. This may or may not solve the problem, but it has for me at least once when starting from a shutdown.
  • Restart the Asus LightingService: Go to Task Manager --> Services and find "LightingService". Right-click it and select "Restart".
  • Try opening Aura/LiveDash again. It might take a bit before the window appears but it should work.

I've found that the latter seems to work consistently for me, but you would have to restart LightingService every time the computer boots into Windows. I really hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later. (Asus please... can you for at least a quarter of a year stop pushing weird exotic items like the Matrix and Helios and look at your software?)

Now onto the LiveDash issues - even with LightingService restarted and LiveDash successfully finding both the Formula and Ryujin OLEDs, I can't change the Formula OLED to a gif (regardless of whether it is predefined or custom).

The current solution (if you happen to have both OLED parts) to this is to first apply whatever gif animation you want to the Formula (it will not show up at that moment), then go to the AIO Cooler and use the default button to and select yes to setting the AIO to defaults. You will have to change the AIO settings back to whatever you wanted but the Formula OLED will change to the gif you set.

i got the same Problems.. ist like the Software is working randomly. if LiveDash works it Needs like 10 min to appear.

Same here! Installed the newer version with valid software cert. LiveDash didn't start.. just nothing happens

Aura is SO annoying to use. It's frustrating.

I really don't understand why this issue isnt fixed yet. It works flawless when you JUST installed it. But after messing with it for a few minutes, then it starts hanging a lot, not responding, and in the end crashing. And to fix this, you need to uninstall the application, and reinstall it once again.

Besides that, everytime you use anything BUT static rgb, Lightingservice.exe uses extremely high CPU resources.
This is the ONLY software I have issues with when it comes to RGB.

ASUS - Please fix this 😞

joppiano wrote:

Besides that, everytime you use anything BUT static rgb, Lightingservice.exe uses extremely high CPU resources.
ASUS - Please fix this 😞

I confirm!

In idle after starting the PC, everything is fine. But it is worth running, for example, the Google Chrome browser, as the LightningService.exe process starts loading the CPU by 1.4-1.7%. If you run some kind of game demanding to the CPU. As a process, LightningService.exe loads the CPU up to 10.9%. Not only does it raise the CPU temperature by 5-7 degrees when you play, so also AURA stops working at all.

And these are already several versions of ASUS AURA Sync, but ASUS does nothing with it. It is very frustrating.

kshafe777
Level 7
My thoughts and resolution: Asus software is garbage. and their "customer support" ( if you want to call it that.. ) is even worse. How I solved the problem was this; took Max XI Extreme out of case, repackaged Max XI Extreme, returned to Amazon. Purchased Aorus Xtreme. installed Aorus Extreme. everything works. no problems. the bios isn't quite the same, but it works fine and is nicer than the gigabyte bios used to be. so, now I am happy.

on my Max XI Formula machine, I uninstalled ALL Asus software. switched my ram from G.Skill to Corsair and control that via iCue. unhooked RGB from MB and turned off Aura in bios. Purchased corsair to rgb adapters and run all strips off Lighting node pro.

Asus needs to do two things. 1) actually offer something resembling customer service. ( doubt this will happen. )
2) drop their software team, hire a new software team, trash current software, write something that works. ( ok, maybe that's more than two.. )

moral of the story, maybe buy products from a different company. I have started switching. EVGA has amazing customer service. Aorus ( gigabyte ) hopefully does, but It can't be worse than Asus.
"Better to try and Fail, then not try at all" ~ Michael Jordan
favorite YouTuber - KDSTech - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz0zF8nTziWiBx3v6CNR3yw

g_rowell
Level 7
exactly the Same Problems i'm Having the fix above works but come on ASUS fix this ASAP

nxtlevel_tv
Level 7
Cappycot wrote:

Thx for this! This helped me to get all that stuff running again.
Hopefully all the settings are still there after restarting my system.

nxtlevel_tv wrote:
Thx for this! This helped me to get all that stuff running again.
Hopefully all the settings are still there after restarting my system.

I really hope I'm wrong with your case, but I think you would have to manually restart LightingService every time you start your computer back up.

Maybe I can figure out how to write some script that does the job for us on startup...
The Vicious Cycle of the Armoury Crate:

• Select a device to change its settings.
  • "Required to do device update to continue"
  • Check for device updates.
  • No new updates found.
  • Go back to step 1.

Cappycot wrote:
I really hope I'm wrong with your case, but I think you would have to manually restart LightingService every time you start your computer back up.

Maybe I can figure out how to write some script that does the job for us on startup...

Hi Cappycot
as yet since doing this once i have yet to have problem again, but at least i know how to resolve it, if it does it again.